Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

.22 conversions

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by boone10, Jan 11, 2012.

1. boone10

boone10 Glockeologist

Aug 7, 2011
    Although I can still get 9mm ammo locally for about $9 per box of 50, obviously one can shoot A LOT more .22 lr for the same money. In your opinion, is there any benefit to using one of the .22 conversion kits in a carry gun (a Glock 19 in my case).

My home is on a few acres just outside of the city where I can (and do) shoot safely at my own personal range. I fire a few rounds of centerfire each week, but will pop off several .22 rounds most every day that I'm home. Unfortunately, none of the rimfire guns are in a platform similar to any of my carry guns.

Thanks, in advance, for your reply.
  2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    While the lighter slide will slightly alter handling characteristics, a .22 conversion unit for your Glock 9mm will give you the exact same trigger pull, and right up until the recoil starts, simulates everything you need for draw-and-shoot practice. The Advantage Arms unit has made a lot of friends. I've been happy with mine. In will need more frequent cleaning than your Glock with the 9mm top on, though, in my experience.