close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2012: What have you done this week to prepare?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by G29Reload, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSticky

DrSticky

Nov 28, 2005
    Houston
    You have got to be kidding me. I just bought that from Costco on 4/3 for $151.

Sigh, it is awesome and works great. It can charge my phone and my VX-8DR direct from the 12V.

2. NecoDude

NecoDude

Mar 22, 2011
    No Name City...
    The wife finally decided on which self defense pistol she wanted and she went and bought it!! Love that woman...

3. efman

efman

May 22, 2005
    georgia
    bought 500 rounds of pmc .223 earlier

about to head to wal mart and see what deals i can find.

4. Devans0

Devans0

Oct 26, 2011
    Made a few WAPIs. I want to know several ways to effectively sterilize water. Took an advanced handgun training course. Learned how to shoot a handgun while running, and how to evade attacks, draw and fire, (Tueller drill). and lastly, how to propagate plants by cuttings. A good week!

5. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    Wow, great week! You might check out solar pasturization for your water, 6 minutes at 160 degrees will do it... don't forget to strain it through a shamwow!

6. dissthis

dissthis Gun Fan

Aug 24, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    Got another cavity fixed at the dentist...all good now...Got a roof basket for my 4runner, got a new lantern for Cub Scout camping trip this weekend...re-reading "The Survivalist" series of books that got me into preparedness in the first place.

7. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Ordered a couple of knives and found a new sheath maker; not yet sure how well I'll like his work.

Helped a family member more on their emergency shelter room addition. That was good for them and for me both; different kinds of manual labor than I do on most days.

Helped some others prepare 'super long term', my wife & I hosting nine eighth-grade girls and their college-age group leader in our house for a "Discipleship Now" https://www.dnowonline.com/whats-a-dnow weekend. (Wish there was a "shudder" smilie; teenage girls are crazy, and nine of them at once qualifies as an asylum. The cat wouldn't even come back in the house until the girls left.) Crazy as they are, I wouldn't have missed it for anything and am already looking forward to next year.

Got down to where we have less than two years left to pay on the company we bought three years ago. Be seriously glad March of 2014 when that's behind us. :freak:

8. .50 cal

.50 cal

Jan 4, 2011
    Philadelphia
    XM193 by any chance? I can't find any in stock

9. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    putting in a storm shelter which could double as cool storage

10. jarubla

jarubla Dos Pistolas

Feb 16, 2010
    UT
    sorted through some crap in storage = more room to put cool prep stuff in the basement!

-Jay

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Heard prices went up to $450/case now. Last year I bought a few cases for $300/ea.

12. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA

Federal brand is still $298 per thousand locally, in my area at least:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360753

As recently as yesterday, fwiw.

13. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
  14. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Continued to test shoot my new BUG. Bought more ammo than I shot.

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Palmetto State Armory has XM193 and XM855 both in stock right now. Prices are average... but available.

16. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    My wife and I joined weight watchers! We are not fat but we each have plenty to give to get to our desired weight and have been unable to do it alone so we took the plunge last night and went to a meeting.

I hope that this does the trick since I have only lost 15 pounds since New Years.

17. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Wouldn't bring it up again if it wasn't dropped to a previous page now; but $298.50 per thousand over the counter, at least in my area. Federal American Eagle 55-grain FMJBT, at walmart. Have to pay sales tax, but not shipping.

They may not have a thousand on hand, but if someone buys the few hundred they do have, they'll order more to restock. If someone buys that, they'll order more to restock; etc.

American-made product, better price than available even online, and encouraging a retailer to stock it locally. Seems like a win/win all around imo.

I'll quit beating this particular dead horse now; just wanted to get it on this page. :cool:

18. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik

Sep 6, 2005
    S.W. Missouri
    I ordered more rifle and shotgun ammo, and bought more freeze-dried food. Also ordered a solar battery charger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.