2012: What have you done this week to prepare?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by G29Reload, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Norton Anti Virus blocked your link for a virus attack LongGun1

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

3. You will like it, I bought one a couple or three years ago. Talk about inflation though I only paid about $200 for mine!

4. LongGun1

LongGun1 StraightShooter

I am running a current version of AVG...

...but will do a HDD scan regardless.

Try cut & paste into your browser..

..or silencerstore.com then .22 LR suppressors.

5. Ordered a TV antenna to use when power/satellite/cable go out.

6. Norton blocks The Silencer Store from opening (after 3 seconds it closes it) there are two warnings, Fake App Attack and AV Redirect 31.

Just thought that you would want to know.

7. dissthis

dissthis Gun Fan

Un-packed my GHB that had broken zippers(Cheaper thanDirt bag) and repacked into one of the above mentioned LA Police Gear bags. Added some stuff and have extra room left over. Stored back in my vehicle.

8. LongGun1

LongGun1 StraightShooter

Thanks!

I ran a full HDD scan with Trend Micro...nothing found.

Then just to be on the safe side..

..I ran a full HDD scan with AVG..(the anti-virus on my netbook)

..it found 2 Trojans that somehow slipped by! :shocked:

9. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

I'll be nice.'08. :whistling:

10. Requested some free food storage samples. Gotta still eat goood when SHTF.

EDIT: thought this was a different kind of thread. lol.

Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar. ;)

#190 ZacG19, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  11. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Those weren't free they were $10 for the shipping. I'd like to hear some reviews on them though.

-Emt1581

12. Bought bunch of basics in food supply, ammo, and did some canning of chick-peas. Was able to add more to med supplies. I'm a bit worried about the apathy I see out there--ref need for even the basic preps.

13. Actually, no. Well not yet anyway. Maybe someone is gonna call me in the morning.

14. taught my wife to use the pressure canner tonight. aparently im not as crazy as i was last year :)

15. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Picked up two ALICE packs for $25 locally. One med w/frame, and a large.

Piecing together a couple "Hellcat" packs to replace the current BOB's.

Should end up looking as such...
    [​IMG]

16. Nice. Ive got a few lying around as well. They are awesome.

17. Did some action shooting drills at a private range. The guy has it set up better than Hickock45! Getting ready to start a new job on Wednesday. Studying up on how to make grain alcohol with 2 enzyme process. Only for curiosity, I would never distill alcohol.

:tequila:

18. I put an SKS on layaway. Mostly been trying to recover from the respiratory junk. Got an application to turn in for a new job. Have not bought much other than putting that sks on layaway. Next pay check I need to do some stuff related to guns, but I am still trying to decide which.

19. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Not too exciting, and probably a big blow to the Hollywood crowd's perception of 'preppers'...

I purchased a bicycle and related equipment to transition my commute to & from work from a car to bike. It's about 10 miles each way. So on a week when there are no storms, it would be about 100 miles on bike.

I really don't need additional exercise and that wasn't the purpose of this venture. However I am looking at cutting expenses and working toward a debt free life. That's my huge motivator. My 2012 prepping focus is financial.

So...if they ocassionally peak in S&P forums for insight, I apologize to the National Geographic folks for such a boring and possibly rational prep post.

20. New prescription? :supergrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.