close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2012 Nissan GT-R is the scariest police car ever

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by GWSHARK, Oct 7, 2011.

1. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan
    guess the next Gumball race won't be going through VA.. :rofl:

0-160 in 22sec, i wonder how many crotch rocket riders will get unpleasantly surprised after they get passed by that thing whilst trying to run

2. dano1427

dano1427

Jan 3, 2001
    I'm guessing it's for a movie, not actual police work.

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    It would have to be very few. For example a Kawasaki ZX14 will hit 100mph in just over 4 seconds. By the time the Nissan reached 60mph, the Kawasaki would be long gone.

:motorcycle:

4. Yes, bikes are amazingly fast, even Harleys but especially the Japanese bikes. Even a decked out Police Kawasaki would be hard pressed to keep up with them. A helicopter is a must!
    I Thought it was a Cannon Ball run? Never heard of a Gumball, that doesn't sound very fast. :supergrin:

5. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    bet everyone hates the guy that got chosen over them to drive that

6. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Jul 2, 2005
    Tx
    It's probably a guy who's about the size of a 12 year old. I couldn't shoehorn my 6'4" 300lb self in that thing.

7. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Only the ones who ride responsibly. No GT-R can keep up with a liter + sportbike ridden by a competent rider.

8. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    It ain't Montana, hope the brakes are good in rush hour traffic. Sounds like Fast 5 wanna bees...

9. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    PRONJ
    There was a movie called Gumball Rally that came out in 1975. Cannonball Run came out in 81.

10. Sounds like a publicity stunt by the installation company because they posted this on the comments section on Youtube

THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT BELONG TO FAIRFAX COUNTY OR THE STATE OF VIRGINIA!!!!! YOUR TAX DOLLARS WERE NOT USED FOR THIS VEHICLE!!!!!!

11. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    could be a seizure I bet plenty of drug dealers bought them....

12. zigzagg321

zigzagg321 clever quip

Jul 21, 2010
    S Oh
    I can see it now...

"LOLZ, look at that ricer with red and blue neons!... He thinks he's a cop!...LOL"

...failure to stop, resisting arrest... ect.

13. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    That's what crossed my mind when I saw this, too. Although, that thing DOES light up like a Christmas tree, so it'd be hard to make a case for "I didn't know he was a cop." But someone will...

14. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    Yeah, I vote that this vehicle is more of a promotional item for the agency and company who outfitted it... not something that will actually be used for police work too often. I can't imagine what the maintenance costs would be. Having a single "pursuit vehicle" for an entire agency is fairly unrealistic anyway, since you obviously never know who/when/where a pursuit is going to happen.

Still looks cool tho. :cool:

15. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    The description seems to imply that it was built for a non-LE entity that is also not the installer.

16. jpa

jpa CLM

May 28, 2001
    Las Vegas NV
    There was an article a while back about some FBI agents wrecking a seized Ferrari. Apparently they had taken it out on a joyride. A lot of people commented about how irresponsible that would be and it would be a better use of taxpayer funds to put the car up for auction and buy 4 or 5 REAL police cars fully equipped.

I would say the same would be appropriate in this case, but buy 2 caprices or chargers and equip them.

If the car is just a demo car for the light installer then well....that's their business and it's a pretty cool looking car.