close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2012 Deer season

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Two_Clicks, Oct 13, 2012.

1. http://[​IMG]Ended Sunday with a nice 7 point during Ohios muzzleloader season....started with a big doe during gun season....both taken with a muzzleloader...one shot, one kill....:cool:

Ranger

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. Congrats towards my counter parts in the northern panhandle of the state. Good looking bucks you have. We have 2 more weekend down here in the central area, so I'm hoping to add buck#2 soon.

3. Those are pretty deer with what looks like good shooting :)

4. ss243b

ss243b

Apr 7, 2012
    You guys done better than me, let a few descent ones walk by during bow season, rut came and went without the normal activity i usually see, i dod shoot a doe at35 yards with the bow for some jerky and freezer meat, but its been little to no big buck action around central ohio btw that is the exit side ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1357872910.351993.jpg

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. gunsup

gunsup Junior Member

May 1, 2010
    CT
    uploadfromtaptalk1357872658315.jpg

Shot this guy 2012 here in Connecticut with a w/Barnes expander 12 ga slug. Double lung shot, complete pass through @57 yards. 160lbs dressed. Absolutely no fat on him mid November during the rut. Great eating too! The taxidermist approximates his age at 5 1/2 yrs old.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  6. gunsup

gunsup Junior Member

May 1, 2010
    CT
  7. packin23

packin23 Welcome Wagon

Oct 11, 2006
    Haines City, Fl.
    That's a damn fine wall hanger right there!:thumbsup:

8. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    No kidding! Nice job!

9. gunsup

gunsup Junior Member

May 1, 2010
    CT
    Thanks guys. I can hunt another 50 years and not shoot another deer this size in CT. I took him fair and square on public land, a 2,500 acre parcel. No back yard hunting for me.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  10. Neocon

Neocon

Nov 18, 2004
    Sweet Home
    ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1358024416.545617.jpg

I killed this guy yesterday. He was coming out on a green field to check out a doe

11. Two_Clicks

Two_Clicks

Mar 7, 2010
    Southern Ohio
    Nice job Ladies and gentleman! how does everyone spend the hard winter months? I'm getting ready to bust some coyotes.

12. packin23

packin23 Welcome Wagon

Oct 11, 2006
    Haines City, Fl.
    Sounds fun. I would love to do some predator hunting but we don't have a place down here in Fl. Fortunately where we hunt deer season runs until Feb. 17. My buddy and I are going back out this weekend to try our luck again. I'll post pics again if there's anything worth posting.

13. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Didn't shoot a single deer this season. Not for a lack of trying though.

14. Whatcha talkin about Willis?

All of the areas that I hunt at have coyotes. Not big roaming packs, but I always see them when sitting and non-stalking and also in Turkey season ( all on public grounds )

Also what area has deer that runs into mid Feb? We are just closing up in south-west port of central ( north of hwy70) and my main area in PalmBeach was the 1st of 2013.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  15. packin23

packin23 Welcome Wagon

Oct 11, 2006
    Haines City, Fl.
    I hunt up in Grand Ridge in Jackson county. It's just over the river when you cross into the central time zone. http://myfwc.com/hunting/season-dates We're in zone D.

And I didn't mean that there wasn't any yotes because I do hear them howling I just never see them.

I went up this weekend. Didn't score a buck but saw plenty of doe and a nice little button buck. This little doe walked around the my stand for about ten minutes. I was snapping pics and wanted to get a shot of her face so I gave a short whistle, she looked up, and I snapped the pic. I thought she would run but she continued to forage, paying no mind to me.

[​IMG]

It was a great weekend even though I didn't get anything this time.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  16. BierGut

BierGut

Jun 4, 2010
    The freezer is full and am am very happy about that because it is TOO DAMN COLD to hunt! Oh I hate it. I'd love to hunt a few nights for coyote, but 0 to 5 degrees around here this week is just too cold for my bones anymore.

17. NOTE: Yotes are statewide , & per that link that you attached and with no bag limits. Now managed lands would be a entirely different option, based solely on the area regulations.

I even recall the state change the laws to use electronic recordings for yotes & hogs iirc.

18. gunsup

gunsup Junior Member

May 1, 2010
    CT
    Just received a call from my taxidermist last week and this is what he had for me ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1369932006.170324.jpg