close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2012/2013 Tahoe PPV Auto Door Locks

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by lndshark, Sep 26, 2012.

1. lndshark

lndshark
    Expand Collapse

I used my best Google-fu, and even downloaded the GM fleet upfitter guide, but can anyone confirm if the auto door locks can or cannot be disabled? I HATE having to put the vehicle in "Park" just to open the door...and I hate that it locks for me in "Drive."

Remember the Crown Vic's manual locking, and that the doors automatically unlock when pulling the handle? We have two left in our fleet.

(Tim McGraw voice): "I miss back when..." :rofl:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. blueiron

blueiron
    Expand Collapse

3. Glock!9

Glock!9
    Expand Collapse

My 2012 Infiniti G37 doors do not unlock until I turn the car off....I assume there is a place to change that....I hope...

4. mntrpr

mntrpr
    Expand Collapse

I haven't found a way. It's a safety issue, I like to have my door open before I'm in park in case I have to bail quick. I always manually unlock my car as soon as I put it into drive now.

#4 mntrpr, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  5. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

I don't mind the locking (when I drive a Crown Vic, I lock the doors as soon as I get in), I do NOT like not being able to pull through the lock with the handle like the Fords.

6. michael e

michael e
    Expand Collapse

Not sure on the Police version, but cant see it being diffrent than normal ones. It can be done on my 2011 Tahoe. Go threw the DIC, cant think of exact options unless I play with it but it has a option .

7. blueiron

blueiron
    Expand Collapse

Same here.

8. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

A little bit of searching tells me that on post-2005 Tahoes, totally disabling the automatic locks requires dealer programming. The only DIC options that appear available on newer trucks is for the locks to engage EITHER when placed in gear OR when above 8 MPH for three seconds. There are various rules for disengaging the locks.

I would think that NO automatic engagement AND unlock upon park would be the best configuration, that way it will let you out if you manually lock the doors.

9. michael e

michael e
    Expand Collapse

Well I work at a dealer, so maybe thats why I am thinking I have seen it. Sorry.

10. ryanm

ryanm
    Expand Collapse

The police models don't have the same 4-button configuration that the normal ones have. I just have the push-stud to cycle through the 9 or 11 screens of info that I have (2012).
    On the plus side... I really like having the speedometer screen... I just wish I had the fuel economy v4/v8 display screen available.

11. ray9898

ray9898
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I would like that. I would not mind the auto locking as long as I can exit by pulling the handle.