close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2009 Bowling Green IDPA Match Schedule

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by Gary G23, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Gary G23

Gary G23

Jul 2, 2000
    Corvette City
    The Green River Gun Club in Bowling Green KY has announced the schedule for the 2009 IDPA matches. Match dates are as follows:

March 28
    April 25
    May 23
    June 27
    July 25
    September 26
    October 24
    November 28

All dates are fourth Saturdays.

All matches will be held at the NEW range (first one you come to).

http://www.bggrgc.com/
    http://www.idpa.com/

Check the websites in March for up to date info.

Due to medical issues I am resigning as match director. Dennis Saylor will be taking my place as match director.

I want to thank everyone for making the IDPA program a success this season.

Gary

2. WillyT117

WillyT117

Jan 9, 2009
    S Central KY
    This is slightly off topic, so please forgive me. But, I'm looking for a good "Home Range" and just relocated to S. Central KY. I live in Edmonton. I checked out the Green River Gun Club site and it looks pretty nice.

I'm not a "Competitive" type shooter. I like to visit a range every 6-8 weeks to practice with my primary self-defense weapon (Handgun) and also like to shoot my rifle 2-3 times a year.

Couple of questions:

1) Is the range "Open" (Can one shoot without supervision?)
    2) Can My wife and I both shoot with one membership (She shoots about 1/year)
    3) Can my sons come along (They're 10 and 8) Occasionally shooting a .22 Rifle.

Any info would be appreciated.

3. spikehunter

spikehunter

Apr 10, 2008
    You may want to check out the Barren River Rod & Gun Club in Glasgow. They would be closer to you and the membership is $22/year for the family.

If you are interested they have their regular monthly meeting on the first Thursday of every month at 7pm.

I've been a member there for years and was on the board for awhile.

I plan on trying to make it down to the GRGC for some IDPA matches this year and their club looks really nice too.​

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Never mind - didn't notice there were 2 different Green River clubs in KY (other one in Muihlenberg Co.).

5. Gary G23

Gary G23

Jul 2, 2000
    Corvette City
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes