close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2004 Pheasant Hunt Report!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Michigun, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    Last Sunday 3 friends, my brother & I traveled to Ubly Michigan to the Rooster Ranch Hunt Club for a little pheasant hunting… we went out looking for 25 roosters, but also ended up bringing back 9 hens on top of that for a total of 34 birds! What a GREAT time! ;f

The guys at the Rooster Ranch really do a GREAT job of making their hunts just like wild bird hunting. Only difference is that you actually get to go out & see birds like it used to be back in the mid-1900's here in Michigan. :)

What a great way to end the Thanksgiving holiday! ^c

2. NIce lineup, if you have troubles finding a cool freezer for storage, send them my way.

3. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

May 16, 1999
    New Hampshire
    Great bunch of birds there. What kind of cover is on the property? I may be interested in taking a ride to shoot some birds. Did they charge you for the extra birds?
    We have a few places around here similar to that. They usually don't charge you for the extra birds you find.

Thanks for any info.

4. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
    Looks like a good day. We went out two days ago after a nice 3" snowfall on a few farmers CRP grass and shot a few. I could've limited out at 3 birds but thanks to my shotgun shells having no BB's in them;) I missed one of the roosters. I did end up with two though. Our group of four ended up with 6-7 birds but we only found 4 of them even with a dog helping us.

5. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks chief & thank you for your offer on supplying freezer space. ;f

Thanks!

A little of EVERYTHING! Corn, sorghum, grass, foxtail, brush, brushy fencerows, etc., etc...

Nope!

Most definitely! ^c (I wish we could do this well with wild birds, but they just aren't around... although it has gotten waaaay better in the last few years!)

That would be a day to kill for around here!

I've had that exact same thing happen to me as well. ;)

6. TJC

May 16, 1999
    New Hampshire
    Already been to their site and I'm planning a trip out for maybe 3-4 days.

Thanks for the info.

7. If you like pheasnat hunting, you should go out to South Dakota. Hunting roosters out there is like nothing else on earth. There are millions of wild birds out there. I am hoping to go later this month, even though we have a more than ample supply of pheasants right around my house. If I can't get my limit of birds within 1 mile of my house then I am a bad shot. You have to go to South Dakota just to say that you have been there.

8. TJC

May 16, 1999
    New Hampshire
    I've been to Kansas, just south of the Nebraska line for pheasants a couple of years ago. Lots of wild birds there too. Some great shooting. I would go back there without a problem anytime.

9. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
    Went out yesterday again and did fairly well. A few quail got in the way also!