close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

20 ga buckshot

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by TECH51, Jun 4, 2010.

1. TECH51

TECH51

Mar 28, 2010
    SA TEXAS
    Any one have a line on some low recoil 20ga buckshot. 00 000 0000 good hd round.

2. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    I am only aware of #3 buck being availible for the 20ga and have never heard of any low recoil for it. I am not up on the latest rounds but a lot of guys on this site are and will jump in if they know of any. Could be all kinds of new mess out there for a 20ga that I don't know about.

3. jdwhite

jdwhite

Feb 18, 2007
    Hudson, WI
    http://www.paraklesetechnologies.com/proddetail.asp?prod=20.GA.00.234.25

From the site: "FINALLY, viable, effective buckshot rounds for the 20-gauge shotgun are available. 8, ’00,’ buckshot are loaded into a 2 ¾” shell and run 1,100 fps from a 24” barrel yielding 1,175 foot-pounds energy. These rounds are new manufacture by Paraklese Technologies, llc, a federally licensed ammunition manufacturer. This round is perfect for turning fast handling, 20 gauge shotguns into tactical/home defense weapons. This loading compares directly to the Remington, ‘Managed Recoil,*’ 00 buckshot load for a 12 gauge!!!"

If you try it, please post a range report. This is the only load I know that is not #2 or #3 buck.

-JD

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The round the are comparing it to is what I keep loaded in my 590. If it works even close to as well as the Remington load, it would be one heck of a HD load.

5. TECH51

TECH51

Mar 28, 2010
    SA TEXAS
    Thanks for the link and input. It's for my 10 yr old son. I need a low recoil round to help him become more proficient and then step him up to the good stuff.

6. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    JD - thanks for that link

Tech 51, Yes, let us know how the stuff works. I can't remember seeing any buckshot loaded in a low brass shell and not sure how 00 will group when being clustered coming out the end of a 20ga barrel. If you get good results I will try some as I build 20ga tacticals and have yet to find any load other then #3 buck to recommend to my clients. Would be nice to give them some options.

7. Ljay

Ljay Micky's Packin

Nov 2, 2006
    Ohio
    I use #3 Buck in my 870 Wingmaster right now, Its about all the choice I had for buckshot,
    for the 20ga,

I have a slug barrel on it and it is very nimble and light weight, I think too many people dismiss the 20ga. and always go for the 12, The little 20ga. can be most deadly.

8. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

Oct 23, 2008
    Southwest
    The 20 gauge is indeed deadly. I put most of my female students in a Remington youth model and they perform very well.

9. I have seen the Paraklese Technologies 00 buck loads advertised before. I do not understand how they get 00 pellets to stack and fit in a 20 gauge shell.

As far as the regular suspects go, the only thing the big makers put out is #3 or #2. Federal loads the #2, but only in a 3" shell, definitely not low recoil.

#1 buck would stack in a 20 gauge shell, similar to the way that 000 stacks in a 12. 8 pellets of #1 buck loaded in a 2 3/4" shell at moderate velocities would seem to me to be an ideal 20 gauge buck loading. No manufacturer agrees with me, however.