close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2 personal observations

Discussion in 'The Wheelhouse' started by circa81, Jul 25, 2011.

1. circa81

circa81

Sep 19, 2006
    1, If you're facing more then 2 armed assailants at close range without cover, you'll almost certain to run out of time before you run out of ammo. Like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJlsc8GU50

If there were a third gunmen there, he'd be shot no matter how much his mag held.

And 2, I wonder, if speed loaders had been available at the turn of the last century, would the military have still swiftly switched over to semi autos, which at the time were only single stacks?

2. Chup

Chup

Feb 11, 2008
    N. Ohio
    Thats why I carry Two or Three guns at all times.

3. Rex G

Rex G

Mar 24, 2003
    SE TX
    Movement!

Don't just there and be a target! Lateral and diagonal movement beats straight forward and backward.

The Brits did have a form of speed loader in the 19th Century, for their break-top revolvers. I have only read about them, and have never seen a picture.

As already mentioned, multiple revolvers are better than one revolver.

4. Rex G

Rex G

Mar 24, 2003
    SE TX
    Search for the OODA cycle.

Make the bad guy(s) have to repeatedly reset their OODA cycle by continually changing the tactical equation.