close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2 new glocks OD & FDE *pics*

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ctfireman, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    I got tired of searching locally so i bought a G17 FDE on gunbroker for $499 & a OD G22 from a member here for $479. Just picked them both up & am very happy the search is over.
    [​IMG]

Heres a family pic. G17 FDE, G22 OD, G23 RTF2, & G30 gen 2.5
    [​IMG]

I still have my G27 but dad's been carrying it lately.

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Very nice - which color do you like better?

3. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT

Honestly can't choose one. I love them both.

4. Sweet. My LGS didn't even know about the FDE and argued when I brought it up. I've never seen the OD in person but the FDE is sharp. Congratulations though I am highly jealous, don't make me post a picture of my basic black Glocks. Night sights are the only thing that is different from every other Glock in the world.

5. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    I literally called EVERY shop i deal with twice a week for months looking for either an OD or FDE. I would have bought any model. After no success i turned to the net & found some decent deals. Thanks to spectre04 for not trying to retire off me on the OD sale!

6. seattlesetters

seattlesetters

May 12, 2012
    PNW
    Both are sweet! Kinda partial to OD myself but also dig FDE. Great finds!

7. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

Just thinking out loud, but might that be a problem (for both him and you) if he actually had to use it in a self-defense situation?

He's carrying a gun that's not in his name, and the same gun, which is in your name but not under your control, was just used to shoot someone?

I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like a big mess waiting to happen.

At a minimum, I would think you would get wrapped up in a "straw purchase" investigation, even if no crime was intended when you let him "borrow" a gun that is registered in your name.

8. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    It's not illegal, at least in the state of CT. We both have valid permits to carry. A straw purchase is a person legally allowed to own a firearms buying it for someone who is not legally allowed.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  9. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

So long as the state of CT is cool with it, then I guess there's no problem.

But I will quibble with your conception of straw purchases. Again, I'm no lawyer, so wikipedia is the best I've got:

So the fact that your dad can purchase his own gun seems not to mitigate the possibility of you facing a straw purchase issue.

It's easy to imagine a scenario where someone who can purchase a gun still might not want their name associated with the purchase of a particular firearm (for whatever reason).

I'm not trying to be an argumentative jerk, I just want you and all law-abiding gun-owners to be safe from unnecessary legal troubles. Be safe.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  10. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    I looked into it months ago. I wouldn't risk my permit to carry & a gun collection worth upwards of $30.000 if i wasn't positive. I'n not in the mood to type a novel so i'm gonna leave it at that.

11. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
    no offense but you really need to do some research on gun laws. I realize you are in Pa where gun laws are probably pretty strict but most states in the US do not require guns to be registered.

And I don't know you understand what a straw purchase is.

12. Sgt_Gold

Sgt_Gold

Jul 21, 2006
    NY
    It's called a straw purchase, not straw carry. If it were straw carry then you would be carrying for someone else who couldn't carry.

Unless there is a specific law about possession like there is in NY, there is no problem with someone carrying a gun that was purchased by soemone else.