close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2 Acr

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by jmg1170, Aug 7, 2006.

1. jmg1170

jmg1170
    Expand Collapse

Anybody ever in the 2nd ACR ? what about when they were at Ft Polk. Just curious, I did 6 years with them all at Ft Polk. 1st Squadron HHT for 3 years and 3rd Squadron L Troop and M company for the other 3. Never me a soldier who like polk but me. They had the best MWR range in the conus

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. FDC

FDC
    Expand Collapse

2ACR is in Vilseck now. Just moved there(unit used to be 1/25 from Lewis).

I'm at Polk now, with JRTC, and I must say you're right about the MWR range:thumbsup: .

3. jmg1170

jmg1170
    Expand Collapse

If you go out to the MWR range, Tell Jim I said hello. I built the 5 stand range there.

4. black rob

black rob
    Expand Collapse

Ex 509er here. Was at Polk from June of 1995 until Novmber 1998. The Medevac was my last unit before I ETSed. Polk was not all bad, kind of special to me, my Father was there in the WARM summer months of 1969, we laugh about Polk quit a bit! Lovely Place.

Rob

Active Army 1995-1998
    Army National Guard 1999-2006
    Air National Guard 2006-Present

5. gsr

gsr
    Expand Collapse

I was with the 2d ACR from November of 89 to the end of March 92, in the 502d MI Co. I was in Nurnberg at Merrill Barracks the whole time, except for a four and half month side trip to Southwest Asia. You probably heard about it already, so I won't bore you with the details.

6. ncmike

ncmike
    Expand Collapse

I went through Infantry training at Polk Jun-Jul75. Served with K troop, 2ACR 75-78. Amberg, Camp May, and Camp Rotz. West Germany. We had M551A1 Sheridans, M113A1 PCs and M106 Mortar carriers. Spent about 9 months a year on the border, at Graf or in the field. Mike

7. trapfan

trapfan
    Expand Collapse
    Got Glock?

My late father was in A-troop, 1st Recon Squardon, 2nd ACR from early 1961 to Aug. 1962.

8. Deadbolt

Deadbolt
    Expand Collapse

I proudly served with Lightning(L) Troop, 3rd Squadron / 2D ACR from 1990-1992. We were at Pond Barracks in Amberg, Germany. After Desert Storm the Regiment got sent stateside to Fort Lewis. I went to Fort Bliss, TX and served with the 3D ACR. I never got to serve in the Light Cavalry. I am glad to hear the 2D Dragoons are back in Germany. Lots of good history there.

9. Swamprat

Swamprat
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I was in HHT 2nd ACR, Nuremberg, 64-67.

10. battlin bulldog

battlin bulldog
    Expand Collapse
    sand

im in the first cav in budingen germany. when we went to graf i saw all the 2nd cr guys pretty much just getting there. there just getting there strykers now. last i heard there starting up there drivers training.

11. battlin bulldog

battlin bulldog
    Expand Collapse
    sand

im in the first cav in budingen germany. when we went to graf i saw all the 2nd cr guys pretty much just getting there. there just getting there strykers now. last i heard there starting up there drivers training.

12. kawalerzysta

kawalerzysta
    Expand Collapse

A Trp 1/2 ACR
    1996-2001

13. Rabid Rabbit

Rabid Rabbit
    Expand Collapse

Not assigned to 2ACR but I did support 2/2 cav and 3/2 cav as a TOW/Dragon tech DS/GS. My unit was 45 ord, a weird setup we didn't belong to a Battalion but directly to Army. I was stationed at Sudcacern (SP)in Nuremburg 84-85.

14. lrsealey

lrsealey
    Expand Collapse

2ACR is now 2CR. The original 2ACR was rebadged as 4BDE 2ID and is a stryker unit at Fort Lewis. The unit that is currently 2CR is stationed in Vilsec, Germany and was formerly known as 1BDE 25ID. It is not a new stryker unit it was actually the second stryker unit formed and deployed to Iraq in 2004. I may be a little biased in this but it is easily the best stryker BDE in the Army. And by the way it is a cavalry unit in name only, it is really a infantry brigade with 3 batallions of infantry.

15. gsr

gsr
    Expand Collapse

The regiment is getting back to it's roots. Dragoons were just horse mobile infantry.

16. DrArmament

DrArmament
    Expand Collapse

i was with 2 cr a lewis till it got reflagged in the pouring rain. i wish i was at vilsek, germany

17. eisman

eisman
    Expand Collapse
    ARGH!
    CLM

Hey Rabbit, I knew you guys. I was detached from the FSB at Illesheim, and our TOW Maint guys used to visit your K. We ran MAIT teams to all the ranges for ORD, including Erlangen.

18. TexasGlocker_15

TexasGlocker_15
    Expand Collapse

I was there in the pouring rain also while we reflagged,...

Thank God Lieutenant General Dubik made a long ceromony short!,.. I think everyone loved him after that...

F Troop 2/2 April 05-June 06

19. DrArmament

DrArmament
    Expand Collapse

20. JT-Hickman

JT-Hickman
    Expand Collapse

HHT, 2ACR
    Merrill Barracks, Nuremburg
    From 87-90
    E-1 - E-4

Heh, this was my favorite assignment out of my ten years of Active Duty... don't miss Grafenwoehr and Hohenfels though.

Always Ready, Sir!