close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2.5 gen Glock 26 questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bullseye9mm, Oct 24, 2012.

1. I have the opportunity to get my hands on a lightly used 2.5 gen 26 with adjustable sights in trade of a Feb 2012 gen 3 19...
    Are the 2.5s of decent quality? I know that it's the first run g26 from 95.

Anyone have issues with the 2.5s?
    Might this be a good trade?
    Anything I should look out for?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. BigSpenda864

BigSpenda864

Jul 31, 2012
    South Carolina
    I wouldn't hesitate. The issues with Glock have been very recent. That generation should be fine.

3. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    Here's my EDC. Serial BTRxxx. I've had it since 2000 or so. Had the slide lock spring fail a few months ago. Never stopped firing. Fell out at the end of my session. Has I'm guessing 20k through it, lots of NATO.
    [​IMG]

BTW what if anything is wrong with the 19?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  4. t4terrific

t4terrific

Sep 8, 2011
    My March 1996 manufactured Glock 26 has been true Glock perfection. I love it. It still runs like a champ on the original recoil spring assembly and has never once failed. Not once.

5. Thats awesome guys, thanks for the info...

One more question..

One of the 10 round mags rattle when its fully loaded, but stops when 3 rounds are taken out of the mag.....

I cleaned the mag body ,and the spring, just wondering what could be causing the rattle....No functional problems, just irritating to hear a rattle in a mag. . My other mag does not do that.

6. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    Some just do that. If everything looks OK and it functions fine don't worry about it. I just pick up a new Gen 4 mag for my 26 and it rattles the same way.