close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

$2,400 plus, KSG

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by aippi, Dec 27, 2011.

1. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Yep. that is what the first one to hit gun broker sold for. Now the guy has shipping, his ffl and maybe sales tax. All that for an unproven weapon with a dealer cost of $595 and an MSRP of around $850. This is what happens when this mess is blown up with hype on gun blogs and in advertising. I hope the fool that bought it loves it and it runs like a swiss watch for him 'cause he sure is stuck with it.

2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    WOW! :shocked::faint:

Well, I hope he's happy with his purchase. I'll stick with my proven 870 and Mossy 500.

I'll pick up a KSG in a year or so as long as prices are down, and the bugs are worked out. Even then, it'll be a range toy. If something goes bump in the night, my 870 is what I'm grabbing.

3. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Now dealers are listing them and another is up to $2,200 already. Damn fools is all I can say.

4. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    I mised that and though there was a bid. That dealer is a thief to start an $850 MSRP weapon out at $2,200. He is the kind that will be selling bottles of water for $10 after a natural disaster.

5. Airborne Infantryman

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    I agree. Well, its his business, so I suppose he can sell it for what he wants. I will say that I am more apt to call the people bidding on the gun for those prices idiots, more-so than I'll call the seller an idiot for selling the gun for that much.

6. Besides knowing nothing about them, those things are ugly!! Paint it orange and purple and it would pass as a Nerf toy gun. I wouldn't trade a $200 870 for that thing.

7. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Oct 31, 2002
    Cumming, GA
    That is crazy! I would like to have one, but for about $350 maybe.

8. jamesbern

jamesbern

Jan 11, 2011
    Connecticut
    Wow! I'll take a SCAR please for that money. Some people just don't have the patience to wait.

9. JK-linux

JK-linux

Mar 5, 2009
    I'll look for a used one in a year or so after the recall.

10. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    I did not call the seller an idiot. I called him a thief.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  11. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Best comment on the KSG I have read on any gun blog.

12. Airborne Infantryman

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
  13. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    somewhere the thought had to cross his mind

four Mossburg 930 spx, or maybe one tacticool Benelli M4

Keltec KSG - first shotgun made by a company that its warrenty only covers the first the first owner, and is being sold wayy above MSRP, and has a spotty reliablity and recalls are the pun of the gun world

--- yes I will take the Kel-tec

14. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
  15. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    I remember when Xboxes first came out. Same thing.

16. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Wow, you've started 2 threads and posted in another. I don't understand the big deal? Free market is determining the price. How is that a bad thing?

I already stated I wouldn't buy one at that price but for for $700? Sure.

How much were those Tickle me Elmos or Cabbage Patch Dolls at Christmas time when Toys R Us were sold out of them?

My only complaint is that I don't have that much extra cash to blow on toys.

I'm not sure the seller is a thief as much as he is a smart businessman. Buy 3 at dealer pricing, sell 2 for 4X the original price and the 3rd one is free. :supergrin:

17. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    I don't think like that and I am a Dealer. I see things different and those dealers are stealers. It is not OK to take advantage of the stupidity of people. I could do that several times a week and I do not. I take pride in that. I gues you just can't understand a guy like me Sharkey.

18. I was thinking the same thing. The man seems to be taking the whole KSG thing personal.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

19. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    At least it provides him an opportunity to tell us how ethical he is...:yawn:

Of course now we understand how stupid he thinks other people are and of course he takes every opportunity to point it out....:upeyes: