1st Time Gun Owner

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by StanAE86, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Hi everyone, I'm a new G19 owner. I have always been a pretty anti-gun person. I have a problem with the "wild west" nature of "a gun in every hand."

But, I don't consider myself a closed-minded person and as times change, and circumstances change, I slowly found myself re-evaluating my positions and leaning more towards the conclusion that there were more and more criminals getting guns and that I'd rather not be prey during a Craigslist sale or during a late night movie with the wife.

I can't say that I'm fully on-board with every NRA position out there, but I am in agreement that removing weapons from law-abiding citizens doesn't help the problem of criminals getting their hands on weapons.

This is so very much a hot topic and I'm probably more left leaning than many on this forum that I'll probably keep mostly quiet and use this forum for the wonderful learning tool that it can be.

Greetings to everyone from Sacramento, CA!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    new gun owner from CO! Introduction Forum Today at 5:29 AM
    New Glock owner from Texas Introduction Forum Yesterday at 2:09 AM
    Glock Owner Not New to GlockTalk Introduction Forum Friday at 5:36 PM
    Long Time Glock Owner from SE Michigan Introduction Forum Friday at 5:12 AM
    Milwaukee store owner uses an AR to defend his store/life The Okie Corral Friday at 1:54 AM

3. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome to GT.

4. wdp

wdp

Welcome from upstate NY. I think once you start educating yourself more, your views on firearms will change.

5. Welcome to GT!

For a self-admitted "lefty" you seem to have a pretty open mind :shocked: ...jump in on the discussions! :cool:

6. Welcome!

7. Your expressed views were expressed very well. Welcome to the Glock "family".

8. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

9. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

:welcome: Enjoy GT....................

10. Welcome to the forum!

11. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

`Welcome Aboard!

12. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

Welcome to GT!!!!

13. Hello, welcome to the forum. I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised at the diversity of people and outlooks here.

It's been my experience that you'll find less of the "wild west" attitude here; we have police officers, medics, Marines, Soldiers, Nurses, physicists, truck drivers, and salt miners. We have conservatives, liberals and everything in between

Responsible people from all walks of life post here and I'm certain you'll find many enjoyable discussions.
    Look forward to seeing your posts!

14. Welcome from West Palm Beach
    Stay safe and stay shooting!

15. Welcome. And congrats on the open mind. I enjoyed reading your post of how you feel.

I'm way on the other side of the fence and I also read more than I post. Trust me it's ok. Whichever side you are on.

This is a great placE to read and learn. To ask questions.

Keep an open mind and read as much as you can. I get a lot of great topics on this site.

16. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

17. Welcome from Arizona.