close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

1st Time Gun Owner

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by StanAE86, Feb 21, 2013.

1. StanAE86

StanAE86

Jan 14, 2013
    Hi everyone, I'm a new G19 owner. I have always been a pretty anti-gun person. I have a problem with the "wild west" nature of "a gun in every hand."

But, I don't consider myself a closed-minded person and as times change, and circumstances change, I slowly found myself re-evaluating my positions and leaning more towards the conclusion that there were more and more criminals getting guns and that I'd rather not be prey during a Craigslist sale or during a late night movie with the wife.

I can't say that I'm fully on-board with every NRA position out there, but I am in agreement that removing weapons from law-abiding citizens doesn't help the problem of criminals getting their hands on weapons.

This is so very much a hot topic and I'm probably more left leaning than many on this forum that I'll probably keep mostly quiet and use this forum for the wonderful learning tool that it can be.

Greetings to everyone from Sacramento, CA!

2. wdp

wdp

Dec 27, 2011
    Twin Tiers, NY
    Welcome from upstate NY. I think once you start educating yourself more, your views on firearms will change.

3. Welcome to GT!

For a self-admitted "lefty" you seem to have a pretty open mind :shocked: ...jump in on the discussions! :cool:

4. BB-Stacker

BB-Stacker

Feb 19, 2013
    Your expressed views were expressed very well. Welcome to the Glock "family".

5. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
  6. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Jun 6, 2008
    Hello, welcome to the forum. I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised at the diversity of people and outlooks here.

It's been my experience that you'll find less of the "wild west" attitude here; we have police officers, medics, Marines, Soldiers, Nurses, physicists, truck drivers, and salt miners. We have conservatives, liberals and everything in between

Responsible people from all walks of life post here and I'm certain you'll find many enjoyable discussions.
    Look forward to seeing your posts!

7. deathpriest

deathpriest

Dec 12, 2004
    Florida
    Welcome from West Palm Beach
    Stay safe and stay shooting!

8. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Welcome. And congrats on the open mind. I enjoyed reading your post of how you feel.

I'm way on the other side of the fence and I also read more than I post. Trust me it's ok. Whichever side you are on.

This is a great placE to read and learn. To ask questions.

Keep an open mind and read as much as you can. I get a lot of great topics on this site.