close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

1st pheasant hunt today!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by spartan88, Nov 25, 2006.

1. spartan88

spartan88 Me vs. Pheasant

Oct 23, 2006
    Northern IL
    Oh man! What a great experience! Two co-workers and I went pheasant hunting today in North Central IL. I'm completely hooked. The club we went to was called the Erienna Hunt Club in Morris and I can't speak highly enough of this place. First of all, the weather was perfect. Mid-fifties in late November...unheard of in IL. Our guide and his dog flushed no less than 15 birds in 3 hours. We bagged 10 in all (3 myself). The whole operation has made me a hunter! I plan on cooking my birds tomorrow, just wondering if anyone has a good recipe or two to share.

Great day for me.

2. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
    Were these wild birds or pen raised? Not saying that a canned hunt is a bad thing they can just increase the expectations of a new hunter. I've done a canned hunt before for some training for my new dog and had a good time. It was good for my dog too!
    Anyway glad you enjoyed yourself, bring another new person next time!