Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

1ST GEN G17 From 1988... Worth Anything?

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by mxitman, Nov 19, 2008.

1. mxitman

mxitman Premium Roast

Mar 30, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I have a friend who is selling a 1ST GEN Glock 17 From 1988... It has original box and paperwork looks brand new less than 50 rounds through it..just been sitting in his safe. Is it Worth Anything? I was thinking of buying it off of him.

2. Lugi

Nov 23, 2006
    Nothing more then what you can buy a new one for.

3. Do you like the finger grooves on the current production models? If not this may be a way to get a Glock w/o them.
  4. Arcana

Dec 24, 2006
    I would make sure that I took a moment to consider this...

A number of incremental improvments and revisions have been made to the design of the G17 over the last twenty years in order to address issues that may have become apparent since the pistol was first introduced. Bear in mind that none of those have been incorporated into this pistol.

I'm not saying it's not a good pistol. It could be a great pistol. It just isn't a cutting-edge pistol.
  5. Rémy

Apr 13, 2008
    Less than 50 rounds?
    This is not a car where mileage/kilometers count... it's a Glock! :)

I wouldn't pay more than half the price of a new Glock.
    Usually those are sold here for around €300 (a new one costs €665).
    I believe that in the US a new Glock costs about $550... so maybe about $250 for that 1st. gen.

There are lots of 1st gen. Glocks out there so it's not a collectors item... it's just an old gun.
  6. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Mar 7, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Most I'd pay is $400. That's what I paid for my 1st gen. :wavey:
  7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Individual buyer, Glock is Glock so if it is in new condition it is worth new price to some people. I would give him 450 for it since that is what I could get a new one for.