close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

1911 refinish prices

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by mclaren, Feb 17, 2010.

1. mclaren

mclaren

Dec 10, 2009
    What can I expect to have a government 1911 refinished? What are some options on finish? I was thinking hard chrome. I dont want blued. I need corrosion resistance and durability. What would an honest qualified 'smith charge for this or any other finishes?
    I live in middle TN and I was considering Franklin Gun to do it. I am not interested in shipping. It is not really a valuable gun. I just want utility, function over form.

2. Expdnarc

Expdnarc

Jan 31, 2010
    Clarksville, TN
    Guncoat from Brownells $25 abrasive blast at a machine shop $10 use light coats and bake you would be surprised

3. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas
    I would think sand blasting would be a bit more expensive. There is a bit of detail to prepare the parts to refinish. I do all the parts (internal & external) when I refinish mine. I use Moly-resin (of course, John Norell (he holds the patent and makes the coating) is right here). I would not sand blast someone's gun for $10.00.

4. doc540

doc540

Apr 25, 2007
    Deep SE Texas
    Black T = $160 for all parts including internals

5. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog

Dec 12, 2008
    I recommend Cerakote its super hard and slick and available in a bunch of colors

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  7. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

Jan 24, 2008
    NE Ohio