close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

1911 parts?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by sureshot, Feb 19, 2010.

1. sureshot

sureshot

Jul 31, 2003
    who has the best prices for parts like grip safeties, hammers , triggers, sights?

2. zdragon23c

zdragon23c s&w&me

Dec 23, 2007
    usa
    Brownells...plus very reasonable shipping charges.

3. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

Jan 24, 2009
    Brownells as has been stated is probably your best overall source. Midwayusa is also good in terms of selection.

For more specific stuff, check out Cylinder & Slide(action kits and other assorted parts), EGW(trigger kits, hammers, dozens of other parts), Smith & Alexander(mainly for grip safties and mainspring housings/magwells)

There's a few other's like Berryhill who I've heard good stuff about. Honestly too, Wilson Combat and Ed Brown have some good parts too.

Lot's of vendors out there, just really depends upon what parts you're looking for as to where you should go.

4. I second that. I used to order everything from midway but I got tired of their over priced shipping. On top of it all it takes forever to get my stuff from midway... sometimes up to two weeks, even though they send me an e-mail claiming it was shipped the same day.

Brownells on the other hand has reasonable shipping prices and everything gets here in two or three days.

5. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    If one were to pay out 30.00 for a C&R FFL, then use it to get dealer discounts from Brownells, then Brownells would win hands down.

6. tlen

tlen

Feb 11, 2009
    Kansas
    I recommend Midway as I can track UPS delivery. On small weight items they ship USPS to keep costs down. You have to specify shipping options.

7. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Depends on what kind of quality you're looking for.

8. I did, I do, it does! :supergrin:

I've been doing business with Brownells for several decades and never had a complaint they weren't able to resolve quickly and professionally.

Good people up there in Iowa.