close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

1911 Commander

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by EricandSuebee, May 19, 2012.

1. So is ATI the best under $450 and STI Spartan IV best under $700?

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Yes on the ATI, don't know about the other one. You should be able to do some negotiating and get the ATI for $400 plus tax.

3. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
  4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I certainly agree on the ATI.

The Spartan would surely be one of them.

5. So if you had your choose of either the ATI or STI would you guys lean towards STI for the commander length?

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Not me. The whole raison d'etre for buying a Filipino gun is to get it cheap. I'm not going to pay $700+ for a Filipino gun.

7. Good my thinking as well, now where does Para stand in all this? I like their GI LTC but eiffy on the cast stuff, I know bac has his feelings on that as well but you think they've improved?

8. Now my dilemma, I want a 1911 commander for carry but not sure about the ATI, and since para is out because of quality, where does it leave me? You think the combat sights will work?

9. I guess I can go with American classic commander, they seem to have the updated sights. I seem to recall you giving them a good review on your buyers guide with the entry enhanced level 1911.