close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

1911 brands available

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Kiddo, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Kiddo

Kiddo

Jun 14, 2003
    This is for those who are looking for a 1911 na hindi na kelangan pa dalin sa smith para pumutok. From what I have read mahirap maghanap ng marunong na smith, lalo na yung mga hindi tga MM. Which stock 1911s available here in the Philippines would you guys recommend?

2. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    kiddo,

last gunshow i saw a para p16.40 limited retailing for 81k, i forgot kung the store, its out of the box competition ready

3. Kiddo

Kiddo

Jun 14, 2003
    I've read in other forums that Para has quality control and reliability issues. Is there truth in that statement? What about stock 1911s for defensive/tactical purposes? Thanks for your replies and Merry Christmas! :cool: ;c ;c

4. My personal and honest opinion: there's no such thing. ;)

Getting a 1911 means a trip to the 'doctor' for reliability check-up and minor tweaking. Unless of course it's a custom built 1911 na guaranteed pa from the get-go. Otherwise, every over-the-counter purchase needs at least a visit or two to the smith. My Peters Stahl hi-cap made four such trips, bago ko siya napakinabangan. I'm wondering though with those who got high end pistols, like STI/SVI, if the experience were the same as mine. ;Q

5. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    How about the Armscorp Practical Series?
    Or the Rock Island Armory?
    Or the factory enhanced Norincos?;)
    At least these are cheap for base guns so when you total the Smith's labor costs it won't hurt you much.

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Para limited or an STI Trojan.

7. Kiddo

Kiddo

Jun 14, 2003
    How about Colt or Springfield? Do they come reliable out of the box or kelangan parin ng konting smithing?

8. kerwin

kerwin

May 5, 2004
    CDOC, Philippines
    Hi Kiddo,
    If i remember correctly, you are also from Cdo...
    How many gunsmiths are there in CDOC? I know of Noel, MSgt Tagbo and Marsing, are there any more? i dont compete, so we probably havent met yet. I used to shoot with the guys from globe telecom, Tony Ching and Seth Roy, parang si tony nalang ata ang active shooter.

Kerwin

9. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Well it depends on how lucky you are. :)

10. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    I've been hearing a lot of good things about the NRM Colt 1991A1. Haven't heard a bad, verifiable story yet. Colt seems to be coming out with quality guns lately.

11. Kiddo

Kiddo

Jun 14, 2003
    Hi Kerwin! :) Glad to see a fellow Cagayanon. I don't know any more smiths here aside from the ones you've mentioned since I also don't compete and I don't know many people in the shooting community. I'm 16 and I just shoot with my father and relatives. The last time I shot was before the gun ban. Busy na kasi sa school eh (4th year HS). Hehe. I'm probably the youngest one here. ;f Cheers! ;c ;c

12. Paltog

Paltog

Sep 3, 2002
    Philippines
    Kiddo
    I can vouch for the Colt 1991( used to have one)...although I am very satisfied with the Armscor Practical Series, especially as a base(project) gun........

13. MAJINKONG

MAJINKONG Sr. Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Free Flood
    Gud Pm Alexii. Get a COLT NRM or a COLT XSE... they are out of the box 1911s already... i have one... a colt xse combat commander. :)

14. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Thanks Majinkong! Yup, that's what I have my sights set on-- the Colt NRM. I just wish the price did not escalate steeply from the previous gunshows.

Check out this excellent review by dsk of 1911forum.net--

http://usgi1911.tripod.com/series80/