close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

19 vs 17

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fisherman, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Fisherman

Fisherman

I've heard this before so I'll add to the conversation. I started several months ago with my first Glock-a 19. As I've become more comfortable with the gun and groups have become a little tighter, I ran across a good price on a 17, bought it and, this morning, took it to the range. I know it's the shooter, not the gun, but I couldn't hold a candle to the smaller gun. Now, I have to try a 26 and I'm guessing that I'll wind staying with my slow but seemingly steady improvement on the 19. :fishing:

2. bryandover

bryandover

A bunch of trigger time on one is better than a little on two.

3. SARDG

SARDG

Bryan- In what divisions do you shoot your 26? Is that a Gen 4?

4. bryandover

bryandover

I only use it in subcompact. All my guns are Gen3 and as long as they are working I stick with them.

5. bryandover

bryandover

I guess I better get on the road to Oakdale.

6. Fisherman

Fisherman

Roger the trigger time on one.

7. 19carry

19carry

Fisherman, I'm new to Glocks, but had the same experience. Shot the 19 & the 17 on the same day. Did much better with the 19. Tried different ammo thru both. Same results. I agree with the above posts. I ended up buying the 19.

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

They are equally accurate, so go whichever feels best and shoots best. For me it's the G19 sized Glocks.:wavey:

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

I agree shooting one has some advantages, on the other hand I tihnk trigger time is good no matter what platform you're using. A long time ago I shot the match at Oakdale with a G23, my at the time favorate Glock and my favorate frame size. It was 103* the day I shot using the G23 in 3 divisions it got too hot and have a negative effect on my shooting. When I got home I bought a LE trade in G22, added a set of fixed Heinies and took outthe NY trigger. Fired a mag for function and another few rounds at some dirt clods to see if it hit where I aimed. The next week I won Marietta with it. Had never owned a full size frame Glock except for the G35.

USPSA match I shoot goes quick and lot of us will sign up to reshoot. I go around 3 times shooting a pair of divisions each time plus a boot leg carbine match. I've shoot more or less the same scores using a Glock, 1911, S&W revolvers, and the AR and have never had a problem with switching controls or triggers.

10. Fisherman

Fisherman

I'm, at least for now, in Danny's camp. The 19 size will remain "it" for me. :fishing: