close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

17 vs 22 firing pin

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by rockriverrenegade, Jan 24, 2013.

1. rockriverrenegade

rockriverrenegade

Dec 21, 2009
    Was looking to order a new firing pin for my G22. Went on glockparts.com and there is a firing pin for .40 and a different one for 9mm. Checked glockmeister.com and same thing.

Question is with all the interchangeable parts between those two calibers why the two different firing pins? Prior to checking I was just going to switch one from my G17, but I guess I can't. It does fit though, which is even stranger if not the same part.

Interested to know...

2. VN350X10

VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    I bought a couple of the 9mm pins for spares as I shoot my G34 in USPSA competition & don't like doing ANY kind of racing without spare parts.
    That said, if you compare the 9mm & the .40 firing pins carefully, one (forgot which) has a slight bit more protrusion of the actual firing pin section than the other does. Not a lot, maybe .010" or so. Overall length is the same for both.
    Don't have any idea why, they just are.

uncle albert