close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

165gr Lawman .40...OWW!

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by BattleChimp Potemkin, Jan 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BattleChimp Potemkin

BattleChimp Potemkin

Do folks here have any experience with the 165gr .40 CCI Lawman load? I am used to shooting my handloads, plus 180gr Federal .40, which are loaded light or provide little recoil impulse from slower powders (yeay handloading! :D).

I have 450 rounds of the Lawman load left and they seem pretty warm. Almost TOO warm? Also, some of it has an "A" actually stamped on the primer. When I shoot them, there is no difference in recoil impulse comparing the two. Now, Winchester white box 165 stuff isn't as bad recoilwise as this Lawman stuff. I have been firing it all out of a Glock 23.

Am I being strange? Could there be something wrong with this ammo? Is the CCI Lawman load warmer than other factory loads? Will the Batman ever truely defeat illiteracy and Cesear Romeo? :D

Thanks!

2. pimuk

pimuk

Win loads the 165 FMJ to 1,060 fps. Speer loads the 165 Gold Dot JHP to two velocity; 1,050 and 1,150 fps (not sure about the Speer Lawman 165 FMJ, if it also comes into flavors).

3. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Yes, this ammo is a little on the hot side.

4. mongo356

mongo356

As far as the "A" stamp IRRC that was the indentifier they used after they had some faulty primers. The "A" means they were new or "good" primers.

5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I've always found the Lawman branded ammo to be on the hot side. My cousin was shooting some through his duty G23 (the 180g IIRC). The spent casings were buldged pretty badly. I recommended he stopped using it in that gun.

6. Openroadracer

Openroadracer

Doesn't the advertising for this load state that it's suppose to mimic the hotter carry loads?

7. pag23

pag23

The Lawman has a bit of a "bite" to it...:rofl:

8. Ak.Hiker

Ak.Hiker

The Lawman 165 is loaded to 1150 and the Lawman 165 grain CF is loaded to 1050. They match up to their Gold Dot loads. I have found that the Lawman 165 that is loaded to 1150 is pretty hot but runs good in my Glock 22. They sure do penetrate through a lot of wood.