147gr vs 124+P

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by glockdeerhunter, Feb 19, 2012.

1. GD 147gr or HST 147gr

2. Gold Dot 124 +p (or standard) or Ranger +p+ deliver the goods.

Unless you are running a suppressor don't bother with sub-sonic. Velocity is your friend.

3. +1 my two favorite 9mm rounds

The 124 +p Gold Dot is also excellent, but I think the extra bit of recoil in +p or +p+ negates the main advantage of 9mm (rapid follow ups).

Look up the ATK ballistics data on the Gold Dot. Their subsonic 147 does excellent. Passes all FBI protocol tests.

#4 LawScholar, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  4. barth

barth six barrels

+1
    I use both. (124 P+ GDHP / 127 +P+ Ranger T)
    Both flawless operation.
    But my Storm Lake G27 40-9mm conversion barrel loves GDHPs
    Isn't that nice - LOL!
    [​IMG]

#5 barth, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  5. I am running a extended lonewolf barrel with a compensator, knowing that back to my original post what ammo would you recommend for me. Also off topic I am looking for a scope mount for my gen 3 G17, but only want it to mount of the left side then go on top, because I have a Crimson laser that shoots down the right hand side. I want it to be able to attach a holograpic site or something.

6. what ammo would you use?

7. I'd fix the problem thats causing it to jam. It shouldn't jam no matter what ammo your using within reason. My glocks have eatin surplus ammo from pakistan made 40 years ago.

8. i put an 11lb. recoil spring in to try to fix it, and that didn't fix it. Any other suggestions

9. Call glock get a prepaid label and get them to fix it for free. Find a gssf match and someone will fix it for free there.

Standard spring is 17 lbs 11 lbs is not correct even to run puffy gamer reloads.

If you have not tried a different range ammo, do so.

10. Did your pistol feed & function normally with the factory barrel & RSA?

Or, did the problems start to occur after you modified it?

#11 fastbolt, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  11. My suggestion would be to go back to the stock barrel and spring assembly, though Lone Wolf is very good about tuning up barrels that aren't shooting quite right or functioning quite properly. I'd give them a call and explain in great detail the trouble that the gun is having, including the specific ammunition that you have had problems with, but before that I would bring the pistol to the range with both barrels and just the stock spring in.

12. the problem started when i put on the compensator. So then i tried to put an 11lb recoil spring and I still have the problem. I am going to try and call lone wolf tonight.

13. Your Generation 3 G-17 shouldn't jam on 147-grain ammo. I recommend installing the OEM barrel and recoil spring.