close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

14 weeks down, 12 to go

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by KiloBravo, Sep 22, 2012.

1. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

Howdy Fellas,

I was just checking in again. I just got home today from another 3 week stay at the academy.

TONS of stuff has been going on there lately, including a lot of great training. I am having a blast now. I am just trying to score well on every test and keep myself healthy.

Any continued prayers that will keep me safe and injury free would be most appreciated. That is my biggest fear at this point.

After a while, it almost becomes like a natural routine to get my butt kicked during PT and on the morning runs. :)

Stay safe out there! :wavey:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Hang tough. Everyone else here did what you are going through and you will get through it too.

The graduation is worth it.

3. rsagona1

rsagona1 Hello

Jun 21, 2006
    Somewhere in MD
    Right on brother. I've got 16 weeks left, just completed the tenth week. We're starting rotations next week (firearms, driving, first aid, etc)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Good to hear it's going well, man! I'm just about to start my last week, and I swear, it couldn't come soon enough. Keep your head on straight and you'll be fine. Keep us posted!

5. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    Thanks for keeping us posted. Keep going strong and the end will come, believe it or not.

When do you submit your preferred posting requests and when do you find out where you'll be assigned?

6. Best of wishes to you, KB. And Godspeed on your journey through the Academy.

7. Locojmc

Locojmc Native Texan

Nov 1, 2005
    SAN ANTONIO,TEXAS
    Bravo Sir, stay strong, and take care.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  8. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

Howdy Sir! I should know where I am going to end up around mid-end of November. I have my three top choices for Troops already picked out. That would be great if I got my top pick.

You might be surprised to know that my second choice is going to be Troop H. ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  9. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012
    Best of luck to you, KB!

10. You're over the hump and can see the finish line....Just keep doin' what you're doin' and it'll be here before you know it......:thumbsup:

11. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

Keep on keepin' on, brother!

12. I think starting pretty soon you're going to experience some degree of cabin fever, where you're all going to get on each others' nerves.

Good luck.

13. MoCop

MoCop

Jan 2, 2005
    Missouri
    Good going! Just keep your nose to the grindstone. Soon enough it'll be over and the real fun begins. :supergrin:

14. Stang_Man

Stang_Man

Dec 3, 2006
    TX
    Congrats! The second half is downhill IMHO.

3 weeks left here, 2 big tests and it's time to hit the streets!

15. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    Not shocked at all. :supergrin:

16. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Awesome, man! Just keep your head up, and keep on keepin' on. A lot of people will just try to coast the last half or the last few weeks especially--DON'T be them! Just give it your all until THEY tell you to stop, and it'll be over before you know it, and the real learning begins!

17. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

Jun 17, 2007
    Alabama
    You hang in there young man. We're all proud of you!

18. Keep up the good work and hang in there! :thumbsup:

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile

19. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
  20. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Just hang in there and don't get hurt. It's easy to do when you see the finish line, so don't quit paying attention. :)