close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

14.5" mid length suggestions?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by txgunguy, Nov 3, 2011.

1. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    I really want a 14.5" mid length with a pinned flash hider. I've been looking at spikes and bcm. I'm on the fence. I really want a pinned vortex, but bcm wont do that. Their website explicitly states they will only pin the brakes and flash hiders listed.

That leaves me with trying to find a spikes in that setup. If anyone knows another brand I should be considering, let me know.

2. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    If you really want a Vortex then just get the barrel and have the Vortex pinned locally or ship to ADCO.

Also Noveske makes a 14.5 middy with a pinned Vortex.

3. Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  5. OpRN

OpRN

May 28, 2003
    Palestine, Texas
    Got my Spikes 14.5/ Vortex upper from Aim Surplus last week. Shot it today. Looks great.

[​IMG]

Target at 25 yards.

[​IMG]

6. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    Aimsurplus has Spike 14.5's w/ pinned Vortex FHs. Currently sold out as of today but they seem to have them all the time.

7. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

Jun 19, 2007
    TN
    [​IMG]

Spikes Elite upper w/14.5 pinned Dynacomp... With the Failzero it's an excellent shooter! Couldn't be happier with this purchase. Might add an Omega rail or Centurion... Someday. Right now, I'm pretty happy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  8. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    GAH! So you're the reason I can't get one. Haha I really like that upper. I hope they get some in soon, because I really like that setup.

9. atl3axj

atl3axj

Oct 15, 2010
    literally I have pondering this for a while..finally made up my mind, went to AIM website for millionth time, and go figure..sold out..i called them and they gave me a ballpark timeframe of 1-2 months before next batch arrives..

I'm also monitoring this thread for back up suggestions..more for who's got best deal on DD, and other quality brands...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011