close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

128mph In A 45 Zone!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ULVER, May 26, 2011.

1. basich31

basich31

Nov 29, 2008
    Central Florida
    He's sure setting a good example for his young fans, as well as making his sponsors proud. But wait... he was testing out a new sports car! What a moron.

Last edited: May 26, 2011

2. I heard his sister called and told him she was horny:tbo:

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
  4. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    Bruce, he wasn't treated like the public. Normally 100mph+ is an automatic trip to jail. He did charge him with reckless and speeding so yes, those would be the charges, but normally he'd have gone to jail.

Here it's "Careless/Reckless Driving." They aren't two separate charges.

5. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Back in my day that little **** head would have been pulled out through the car window cuffed and off to jail we go.

6. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Nice.

7. Napalm561

Napalm561

Apr 21, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Nah, I'd have taken John Q Public to jail.

8. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Mar 29, 2005
    Kansas
    Where you live. Not necessarily so elsewhere.

9. Now are we talking the vent window or the regular one, with or without it being open?:rofl::rofl:

10. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Depends on the length of the chase.

:rofl:

11. Spoken like a true professional...........:rofl::rofl:

12. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    Not an automatic trip here. to prove willful and wanton wreckless we need more than speed.

13. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Same here, have to see an actual close call that would have caused serious injury.

WOW, 128mph! How in the world would you ever get him actually stopped?

I have passed a few cars going 110+ on the interstate, getting turned around and catching up was out of the question. Couldn't even see em in the rearview by the time I looked in the mirror.

He must have got him on radar and had some guys in a position to intercept.

14. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Cite and release. No reason to book on a misdemeanor if he isn't drunk, you're reasonably sure of his identity and there is no reasonable belief that the offense is going to continue. We have a specific charge for going over 100 MPH, but it isn't automatically reckless.

15. Kansas Slim

Kansas Slim Oxymoron Man

Jan 21, 2011
    Northeast Kansas
    These guys do whatever the hell they want, and then their PR people make 'em memorize the usual speech that every famous person gives after every dumbass thing. All the while the dumbass couldn't care less as long as it really doesn't effect their life. Oh well. I guess that's life.

16. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    100+ mph isn't a trip to jail around here. It's an M-4, 4 point speed. A "normal" speed, like 70 / 55 or something, would be a M-M and no points, maybe 2 points depending on the person's record.

I'll fess up, I got a ticket for 119 / 55 on my motorcycle back in 2004. I passed the officer and knew it was coming so I just pulled over and waited. Yeah, I was a cop at the time, yeah I knew the cop who wrote me, yeah I had it coming, and no I wasn't treated any differently than anyone else would have been. I paid the ticket the next day... it was a mere $159, which I thought was pretty cheap considering. Oddly, my insurance didn't even go up... they give a break on your first speeding ticket. :rofl:

17. rudeboy3

rudeboy3

Feb 19, 2011
    AZ
    :faint:That must have been a interesting stop, I would love to hear audio:rofl:

18. James Dean

James Dean

Jan 31, 2010
    East of Eden
    Back in your day wasn't the Ford V8 the fastest car on the road? Didn't Clyde Barrow use one? I think it got up to 68 MPH. LOL. I'm sorry I couldn't resist. I enjoy reading your posts.

19. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Actually pretty uneventful. She was professional and I was appropriately remorseful. After she cleared the stop we set up her camera and took a few staged photos of her giving me a lecture on the side of the road. Those photos and the blue copy of my cite are framed in my garage... reminds me to keep my **** in check!

We are still friends; just had lunch with her a few months back.