10mm v .357 magnum

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by vandros, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Thanks, but I am happy with Leadhead 250 gr. .44 cal. true Keith style SWC in my .44 reloads. I cast, but not with a hard alloy.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder Gun Activist

Yea, happie2shoot, I know how ya feel... "I have a dream..."

Actually I created that whole image in Photoshop CS3 Master Suites.

Full size Colt Delta Elite Rail Gun

Long Slide Colt Delta Elite Rail Gun

Commander Bob-tail Carry Colt Delta Elite Rail Gun

Wolf Spyder Custom Long Slide (my dream gun)

...and this is what we are stuck with...
    Colt Delta Elite (2nd Generation) image from Colt website.

Come on, Colt, it is about time you up-date the awesome Colt Delta Elite.

3. Why is it that in any thread with even the mere mention of the 10mm that 10mm Kool-Aid drinkers flock like dogs to a rotting animal and just roll in the carrion for page after page after page.......? :whistling:

:rofl: :animlol:
    dervisivitz dokes likes this.
  4. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Compare 10mm to .41 mag, and you have a pretty close match ballistics wise. 15 rounds coming out of a Glock 20 has no real comparison. Add a Arredondo Plus 5 base to a Glock 20 mag, and you have the firepower of 4 .41 mags.
  5. .........
    #105 mrt949, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  6. NOT ME I LIKE THE 357 MAG .:tongueout:
  7. Bob tail is sweet
    #107 mrt949, May 2, 2013
  8. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I like the .357 S&W Magnum just fine.
    #108 SCmasterblaster, May 2, 2013
  9. I guess people forgot about the 9x25 mm Dillion. NICE pictures Wolf Spyder.
  10. You are kidding, right?

NO the 10mm is not in the same league as a full house .41magnum.I like the ballistics of the heavier 200 grain 10mm loads but I have to load the .41 mag DOWN to those levels.

The hottest 10mm major factory load was the Winchester silvertip. It just shook hands with the Winchester silvertip .41 SD load which we consider a ".41 special" load.

As good as the 10mm is and as much as I like those ballistics this BS about the 10mm being "close ballistics wise" has got to stop. The ten can't carry the full .41 magnums socks.
  11. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Agreed amigo !

I never could understand why so many folks compare the 10mm with the 41mag, and even the.44mag. There just.is no comparison. I really like the 41mag frankly. Been without one for a while now, but got my eye peeled for another Ruger..

Well late. Gotta go.

Stay safe my friend.

#111 CanyonMan, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
  12. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Man I hate stuff like that... (passing things up, and later regret it that is). I been there and done that one to many times amigo. Yeh, I wish you would have jumped on that gun when ya had the chance !

I'm ready next time man. The $$$ stays in the pocket until I see one that has my name on it... haha.

Good luck to ya next time. Hey let's just hope there is a 'next time.' :faint: ha.

Stay safe !