Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

10mm: Too much for a beginner?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by chucky2, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jimfa440

Oct 24, 2012
    Greeneville, TN
    I cannot compare the AA to the others because this one is the only one I have ever seen, but I do like it and have no regrets. Here is a link to the one I bought;

Good luck shopping.
  2. attrapereves

Sep 11, 2011
    I wouldn't say that 10mm is too much to a beginner. However, factory ammo is significantly more expensive than 9mm.

I love 10mm, but I only suggest them to people who reload or have deep pockets.

As the others have said, you can purchase conversion barrels, but I wouldn't trust them for defensive purposes.

3. jimfa440

Oct 24, 2012
    Greeneville, TN

I agree, the cost of .45ACP is outrageous. That's the reason for the conversion. My wife shoots my Ruger 22/45 while I shoot the G21 with AA conversion. We both have fun without breaking the bank. :)
  4. copo9560

Feb 21, 2012

Save the money and skip the KKM conversion barrel. Your G20 will eat 40 with the stock barrel just fine.
  5. dbow

Jun 10, 2012
    I did also go from a .22 and not much handgun experience to a G20. Based on my experience i can give you a couple tips that helped me. Just my opinion take it or leave it.

-Don't buy all kinds of aftermarket stuff, springs, barrels etc. Your g20 will work better without any of it.

-Shoot with a rest at first. This has helped me with trigger control and flinching.

-Don't shoot hot loads right away. I use underwood delta elite and it's perfect for me.

-You don't have to really grip the gun as hard as people say. Limp wristing is not as much of a problem unless you believe it to be.

Just my opinion based on my own experience.
    Good luck and have fun.
  6. MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    If you lock your elbow, the problem goes away.
  7. chucky2

Sep 26, 2011
    Just a note on the kit in this link: This one is for Gen 1 - 3, not Gen4.

Too late, the .40 barrel is already ordered. I knew the G20 would shoot it fine/mostly fine stock, but, I thought that when doing so the round was held by the extractor or something like that? Just sounded like something the G20 wasn't designed for, so I ordered the .40 conversion barrel to be safe.

Thanks for that! Yeah, other than the .40 conversion barrel and potentially this AA .22 conversion kit, I won't be buying anything else for it. The only thing I can see myself spending money on is different sights. I did not like the stock Glock sights on the G20C we shot, nor the G21 I shot at my basic pistol safety class (only two rounds there, but still). I liked the XD-M sights better, but still not fully. I don't know which ones I might end up getting, but I think, eventually, I will get some different sights but on. And yeah, no plan on shooting super hot loads until I can handle the normal stuff.

Man I can't believe I'm seriously considering dropping the coin on the AA kit. Just when I thought I was done with the $$$!!! :wow::crying:

8. rdbjr57

Jun 14, 2006
    Western Kentucky
    Good advice... exactly what I tell people just getting into shooting and ask for advice...