close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

10mm to .40 magazine question....

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by DougC, Dec 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DougC

DougC

Oct 24, 2008
    York, PA
    I'm going to buy a KKM conversion barrel for my G20 and I was wondering if I need to purchase G22 mags as well or will the 10mm mags work fine with .40 rounds?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. Glockz0r

Glockz0r 10mm is best mm

Aug 27, 2002
    Wisconsin
    Well your choices are limited as Glock .40s&w mags won't work in a G20. Luckly, G20 mags work just fine for .40s&w.

3. DougC

DougC

Oct 24, 2008
    York, PA
    Cool. I didn't think the G22 mags would work.

4. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    All you need to shoot .40sw out of a G20 is the conversion barrel....the stock mags work great for .40sw.

5. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    I have had no issues shooting the 40S&W, 357Sig and 9x25Dillon from my Glock -29 magazines or Glock 20 magazines in the G-29 and thru the proper conversion barrels...

6. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    Yep - what everyone else is saying - no different mags necessary.

7. DougC

DougC

Oct 24, 2008
    York, PA
    Thanks for the info guys. Just ordered my KKM .40 Conversion barrel and I have 2 new mags on the way from Midway.

8. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    b0tachtactical.com is the best place for glock mags, usually theyre $22, but they go on sale pretty often for $19.95, and they always have free shipping!

9. DougC

DougC

Oct 24, 2008
    York, PA
    Got my mags for $21.99. Birthday pricing deal.... I saw the cheaper price at b0tach, but I have issues with their checkered past.

10. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Yes, as do I. But, Ive kinda figured them out. If you buy items that are in stock, like the mags, they are very good to go to. Get an item on backorder and youre doomed to weeks of dealing with BS. I ordered two G20 mags, two scherer mag extensions, and some cleaning patches, around six weeks ago I believe. Well I got the mags in like three days with the free shipping, awesome! But the other items which were not in stock at the time, and are now on backorder Im STILL waiting on! And by the way, there was nothing on their website that would indicate these items were not in stock, I was a little perturbed about that! So Ive decided that I will buy my magazines from them in the future when theyre on sale for $19.95, and free shipping, anything other than that, and I go somewhere else!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  11. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    By the way, Ive made four other orders with them for magazines only, and everything went perfectly and I had them in three to four days...