close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

10mm theme song ...

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by agtman, Sep 26, 2012.

1. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    :cool: The tune for our favorite cartiridge.

Enjoy ...

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczNk1CBTbM&feature=related"]Glen Frey - "You Belong to the City" from "Miami Vice" - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]

:perfect10:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

2. My vote goes to THUNDERSTRUCK by AC/DC. I think it represents the 10mm perfectly!

Glen Frey makes me want to be dead.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  3. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    This gets my vote!!!!!:perfect10::rock:

Oh yea, please never use a limp rock song to describe the "TEN" ever again!:upeyes:

4. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    Well, I guess you have to be a bit of an old-school '80s romantic to appreciate it ... But I concede that reasonable minds can differ on the best musical association for this cartridge. ;)

It's all cool ... :cool:

5. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    The one that started it all ... Thanks! :cool:

6. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RukUetw0hAM"]AC/DC - Thunderstruck - YouTube[/ame]

7. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    ok, but you are talking about the "10"! If it were the 9MM, we were talking about, ok then, I can see it :supergrin:

8. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    Did you ever have the pleasure of getting to watch an episode of Miami Vice? That would probably help. I used to have the clothes even, but thankfully I out grew them. Still have a 10mm and a Jackass rig though.:supergrin:

9. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Yes I did have the pleasure of watching Miami Vice. I even remember saying, in the filler scenes, watching Sony drive around with "IN the City" playing, man, I can't wait until AC/DC comes out with "Thunderstruck" because that will be a much better song to drive around to!:supergrin:

As far as out growing your Sony clothes, they make them still, no matter how big you got. Believe me I know!:rofl:

Lastly, a 10MM in a jackass rig is every bit as cool now, as it was then!!!!:cool:

10. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    I guess if I was a little better at film editing I would make us a Thunderstruck/Miami Vice/10mm video for youtube.

11. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Love this thread, agtman ... good stuff! LOL!

12. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    That would be AWESOME! I got time!:whistling::supergrin:

13. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    Thanks, NickE!

Actually, alwayshootin has the right notion of a "high-energy" alternative to "You belong to the City" ...

YBTTC, I always felt, best captured that zietgiesty-feel of the show's mid-1980s setting, as portrayed in Prodigal Son (PS)... There was something about the song, and the way they filmed the scene it appears in, that sort of put a malaise into it that held for the duration of the show. Almost like Phil Collins' "In the air tonight" gave that unusual feel to the first episode opener .... PS was the premier opener of S-2 and the tone and quality of the production values made it the pace-setter espisode for the rest of the series. That's my take ...

Anyway, I love AC/DC too, but my choice for a high-energy alternative, from the same relative time-period, would be the Crue's "Kickstart My Heart."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5em6PisRyk"]Motley Crue - "Kickstart My Heart" - Official 2011 Tour Version - YouTube[/ame]

"Yeah, I'm lovin' it."
    [​IMG]

:cool:

14. GotFour

GotFour

Dec 1, 2006
    Memphis, Tn
    Some of you older Glockers will remember this one..........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrHEUvgt30"]Happiness Is a Warm Gun - The Beatles - YouTube[/ame]

15. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    There was that episode where Sonny was at the range while the Pete Townsend song "Face the Face" was playing, that was a little more zippy.

16. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    So now that I mention it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj6KyyzVE7M"]Bren Ten workout[/ame]

17. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    Absolutely! :dancing: :perfect10:

That is probably the best and coolest 10mm shootin' scene of the series (although the PS episode & a few others had some great 10mm Bren Ten action too).

But this scene really highlighted the Bren Ten itself. I knew a lot of cops back then who watched the show and were droolin' to get one. IIRC, Sonny precedes his arrival at the Miami police combat range by telling someone in the office as he walks out that he's leaving "to go see my therapist." :wow: