10mm on the rise!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by cablecutter, Dec 29, 2011.

1. My G20SF is very accurate, and I can easily do rapid fire with warm handloads. It's all about practice...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I thought y'all were still waiting on the Bren 10? I remember back when that was going to set the world on fire.

3. Do you mean back in 1984? Or the recent Vltor mess?

I remember the 1984 hype.

I know it seems like I am anti-10mm, not so, I was one of its earliest supporters.

At one time I owned a 1006, 1066, 1076 FBI, Glock 20, Glock 29, Star Megastar, Wyoming Arms and a Bren Ten special Forces Dark.

Both the 1066 and the Glock 29 were my EDC for quite some time in the 90's.

But the round never became what many of us hoped for but it does have many uses. If I still lived out west or in Alaska I would still have at least one 10mm but no need here in Florida for such a big gun.

And it certainly is not on the rise.

4. Get a 1006 and be good with that.

or I still say get a

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

10mm may not be on the rise,.....but is sure isn't on the decline!

6. Dead is dead. A well placed shot and it really doesn't make a difference if it's a 9MM, 40 cal., 45 acp., or a 10mm. Really don't buy into that my pistol is bigger than yours. Then again I'm just the average person who likes to keep things real.

Oh and just for the record I never said a 10mm wasn't accurate. Just implied it's not needed for the person who can place a round accurately.

#146 Bob Hafler, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  7. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Are you saying you got rid of those?, I feel bad for letting loose of my Delta Elite and 1076, I would probably be suicidal if I had sold a Megastar and a Bren Ten.

8. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

I agree with you for self defense, which is what my handguns are for. For hunting, the 10mm is a pretty impressive round. But for handgun hunting six shots are plenty and most handgun hunters probably just use 44 mag.

The 10mm has impressive ballistics, but the guns it's offered in are combat type guns. Hunting type guns are offered in more impressive calibers.

9. Yep they are all gone.

The Bren Ten Special forces dark was the only Bren I could find I could afford at the time. It made a very tidy profit.

And the Star was a beast of a gun and mags were impossible to find or afford.
    Both it and the 1076 got into 20+ people bidding wars on GB and also provided really good profits.

Almost all were sold online as no one around here or in Maine where I was living during my 10mm days had any interest in 10mm's.

I moved passed the 10mm as it really offered nothing I needed that other more affordable and carryable guns could not.

10. The 10mm is an excellent backpacking and woods gun, the glock 20 is light and with good capacity. It can handle most 4 legged and 2 legged critters you are likely to find in most woods...not all but most.

However while I was stationed in Alaska I carried a ruger Vaquero 7.5 inch stainless 44 mag on my hip or in my pack. Beautiful gun and solid as a tank.
    Don't tell Bren :whistling:

11. Took the wife out the other day to shoot the G20. She is now ready for her own G29.

12. Now that is what I like to hear!!!:cool:

13. taurus. on the tracker frame series,or the rageing hunter series

14. Ill bet not one manufacture comes out with a new 10mm.

How many people do think go walking in the woods on a daily basis? Because this is the only argument I see for the 10mm.

15. "Get a rope":steamed:

:rofl:

16. You need a rope for?

17. I'll take that bet! How much?

18. $5

But Glock coming out with a Gen4 G20 dosen't count.

Just to clarify. I meant no manufacturer who does not already have a 10mm will design and introduce one.

19. Wow, that really changes the bet, considerably, don't it!:upeyes:

20. Well a Gen 4 G20 dosent count because all that is, is a Gen4 G21 with 10mm barrel.

M&P, Springfield, Ruger, Beretta, etc will not be designing and introducing a new 10mm pistol.

Heck, M&P already discontinued the 357 sig.

#160 diamondd2, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012