close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10mm Barrel in Gen4 G21?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TomAiello, Apr 18, 2012.

1. TomAiello

TomAiello

Will the KKM 10mm conversion barrel function in a Gen4 Glock 21? Or is there some other conversion barrel that works?

Does anyone know?

Thanks for any help.

2. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

The other, more knowledgeable guys over in the 10 ring can probably answer this question better than I can, but im pretty sure it will work with a Gen3 RSA and adapter to fit into the Gen4 frame. That and some mags should be all you need, but Im not positive.

3. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Why not just buy a Glock Model 20 and be done with it?

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The KKM 45-10mm conversion barrel will work in a Gen4 G21. Check out this thread for more details and limitations:

G21 Gen 4 10mm Conversion - Anyone?

5. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My concern would be the RSA. There isn't much out there for Gen4 aftermarket springs and you will need to increase the spring rating due to the lighter slide of the G21. You might need to get one of those Gen3 RSA conversion spring seats and Gen3 spring.

6. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Yep, I cover the RSA issue in Post #6 of the linked thread above.

7. Meathead9

Meathead9

You could either do like GRT said, or call Jager about his GEN 4 guiderods. I have one of his guiderods for my GEN 4 G17, and the adapter appears to fit my GEN 4 G21 perfectly. I've been meaning to call him to see if I could get one of his G21 guiderods with the GEN 4 adapter, but I keep forgetting. If his setup will work, you can go as heavy as 24# with an ISMI spring.

I tried LWD's GEN 4 Adapter with my LWD SS Guiderod, no dice. It's only meant for the Glock Factory GEN 3 guiderod. Also, JR (owner of LWD) posted that all of his barrels are compatible with GEN 4's, so I would assume KKM would be no different.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

A Jager Gen4 guide rod with a tunable ISMI spring would be a better alternative than a Gen4 Conversion Recoil Insert with a Gen3 RSA for the G21 Gen4. Thanks for suggesting that possibility, and I hope you get a positive response from Jager.

However, unless I'm missing something, I believe the Jager Gen4 guide rod is still going to be a single spring configuration for a Gen4 G21(?) I'm hoping for a tunable, aftermarket Gen4 dual recoil spring as the best solution. I think DPM Systems will be one of the first to offer it. They already have it for the Gen4 17/22/19/23/26/27

9. Meathead9

Meathead9

No, you're right, it's still just a single spring. I've been running a 22# ISMI in my G20LS, but that thing weighs almost 4oz more than a stock slide. There are quite a few guys running 20-24# ISMI springs in their G20's, so I can't see it being too much different for the GEN 4. I'll be looking forward to seeing if that DPM System ends up panning out.

10. TomAiello

TomAiello

I wasn't aware that the Gen4 Glock 20 was available.

Do you have a source for one? Can you share it?

Thanks.

11. TomAiello

TomAiello

12. nraman

nraman

It will do the same thing as it would in a Gen3 gun.
    The barrels between 3 and 4 are identical except for the half moon cutout under the barrel where the spring sits for slide installation purposes. Once the slide is installed on the frame the spring no longer touches the barrel anywhere.