Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

10mm 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Alliance50, Feb 21, 2010.

1. hey

I would like some opinions on the Kimber Eclipse customII , Stainless target II and the colt Delta Elite.

Are they good and which one would be in your opinion the best for my first 10mm 1911? And why?:supergrin:
  2. Hawker Man

Hawker Man

Nov 8, 2006
    A 10mm is a powerful round, why would someone chamber it in a target gun?
    I understand a 9mm or a .45 but why a 10mm?
    Just food for thought.

3. Well I do have a tendency to agree but they are fun to shoot and the long distance accuracy is really fun with a 10mm.
    I will on the other hand be using the 1911 10mm I get for carry once it proves it self reliable.
    I think 10mm makes a great carry weapon and target gun like I said fun to shoot 150 200 yrds and hit the target with a hand gun!
    I carry a g20 now but I just really like 1911's.:wavey:
  4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I have the Stainless Target II in 9mm and really want to get one in 10mm also. Great gun.
  5. neither, I have always wanted a 10mm 1911 and was ready to buy a delta elite. everywhere I go, the delta elite always have sloppy slide to frame fit :faint:. I dislike kimber :dunno: although, the 10mm is a hoot to shoot. start reloading if you decided to go with 10mm
  6. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

I've got a Delta Gold Cup and a Stainless Target II.

Power and accuracy make a pretty good combination.
  7. Justin1911

Feb 5, 2006
    Northeast GA
    I really like the look of the deltas, but for my taste I'd have to put $5-600 more into the gun to start. Mainly getting Novak cuts and new sights, new hammer, grip safety, and extended thumb safety - just to make it a more "modern" design with more up to date features that most Kimbers, springers loaded, etc and already coming standard with. For about the same if not a little less $. That's what has kept me from getting one at this point.
  8. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    The Kimber Eclispe is a nice pistol.
    I have a Delta (older version) and a Wesson PM7-10 amidst more than a few 10mms.
    I prefer the Dan Wesson as a 1911-pattern pistol overall and you will never get my 1006 out of my hands. :supergrin:

NB: range 10mm is really just zesty .40 Smith and Wesson. For the true 10mm experience, you need to shoot the 200-grain Norma or the 175-grain Winchester Silvertips. Expensive, but that's why one handloads.

Good luck, amigo. You'll love the mighty 10mm.
  9. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    My Wilson Combat Tactical Elite in 10mm......This is a fun pistol to shoot! The 10mm is my favorite handgun caliber. Packs a nice little punch. You really don't experience the fun of a 10mm until you shoot some hot DoubleTap or Buffalo Bore loads...

10. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Yeah, the DT loads are great.
  11. tlen

Feb 11, 2009
    Target VS what ? 10mm excels at 50 yards and beyond and is often used as a hunting round where target [aka adjustable] sights are desirable. 9mm and
    .45 ACP on the other hand better for short range.
  12. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Yes to the Norma, but not so much on the Silvertips. As previous poster said, BB or DT is the way to go if you don't roll your own.
  13. FreeAmerican

Sep 21, 2004
    The Win site says the 175 ST is running 1290 fps. That issome of the better off the shelf 10mm. Some of the others like Federal and Remingtion are not a lot over 40 S&W.
  14. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Those numbers Winchester puts out are not even close to what I have chrono'd that load at. In real life, that round chronos at 1,160-1,190 fps......not even close to the full house DoubleTap or Buffalo Bore loads.
  15. FreeAmerican

Sep 21, 2004
    And? Slide to frame fit has little to nothing to do with accuracy. My Delta has a little slop but not a rattle trap. Its all in the barrel fit.

I am very pleased with my Delta. This is my third 10mm and I am very sold on the round. My 610 revolver and the Delta are very accurate. I also have a Smith 1076 that I like but just don't shoot as often as the other two.

Handloading really opens up the 10mm experience. Others have spoken to the top end potential of the 10mm but the other nice thing is the bottom end. You can load up target loads or even self defense loads that are above 40 S&W but still easy shooting. Think about it, the 180 gr S&W is already a proven defense round. A Platform that ranges from a proven defense rounds like the 40 to well above 357 mag and ventures close to 41 mag, is a very versatile weapon.

First mag, out of the box, fee hand about 13 yards. The low left was the very first round..

16. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

I had a Kimber Eclipse 10mm. It was pretty but really I didn't much care for it, I never could get it to group very least not as well as the Kimber .45's I've owned. I won't bash the 10mm, but I'm gonna get out of it altogether. I'm not saying the 1911 is a bad platform for the 10mm, but make my 1911 a .45 any day.
  17. remat

Mar 19, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    For me the 10mm just shoots straighter than a 45.
    I have been very pleased with my new Delta Elite. My EDC and backup are 40S&W so it is nice to shoot and load the same ammo.

18. steve4102

Jan 2, 2009
    I like my DW 10MM CBOB. Feels great and shoots even better, to bad they are discontinued in 2010, cept Kalifornia.

25 yards.
  19. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Yesterday... My G20 w/ DT 135 put the spotlight on me :cool: AND I got to shoot a stranger's STI Trojan... no more words... (except where's yer 10mm barrel?) I didn't dare insult him...sweet heater!
  20. cdunn

Mar 5, 2008
    falls church,va
    I once owned a kimber and won't do that to myself again.