close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10 worst evils/ills/bad things in the world today?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by AC37, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    Nothing topical or in the theme of the discussion/thread, as per your usual.

In other words, you need emotionalism instead of facts and truth. Hey, not unlike the militant homosexuals' entire political agenda. Got it.

2. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    Irony^2, meet irony^3. :rofl:

But at least you are self-actualizing FINALLY!

3. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    [​IMG]

4. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5. badge315

badge315

Aug 14, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    Here is the pivotal flaw in your argument. The Bible has no authority...at least not in the sense that it can compel me to do X or prevent me from doing X under threat of tangible, earthly punishment the way government can. The Bible is not the law of the land in the United States, no matter how badly some might want it to be; it has no authority for the government to usurp. The only power that the Bible has is whatever its adherants give it.

Having said that, I agree that the government shouldn't be involved in marriage at all. But it is; it grants certain privileges and benefits to married couples that are not afforded to single individuals. And since the government has granted legal status to "marriage", secular standards apply, not biblical.

Under our form of secular government, which provides for equal protection under the law to all - it is difficult to convincingly argue that adult homosexual couples should be prohibited from entering into marriages because of biblical objections.

6. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Jul 20, 1999
    CT
    They shouldn't be. We need to accept that they are adults and can do what they want.

7. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    - Current POTUS
    - Hollywood stars who think they know everything and are "Sooo Important".
    - Sarah Brady and company

8. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    1=Obama

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I forgot all about that one. A true classic. If I did bumper stickers, that'd be the first one I'd stick on my car.

10. Dragoon189

Dragoon189

Feb 10, 2012
    The origin of marriage was to protect and raise progeny. yet for some reason back then they didn't need the govt to tell you if you are married or not, but now people need someone to tell them they are. I suppose they are just not cleaver enough to figure it out without having to file just one tax return. Let the 'marriage penalty' kick in with the possible death of the bush tax cuts and then let same sex marriage happen and see what happens. Hey a deficit reduction plan!!! Very clever, that Obama must have planed that huh?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  11. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    FAIL.

Is it moral to rob banks?

No, its immoral. Why we have laws against robbery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not murder...etc.

Yes it is for the government to legislate morality. It can, and should.

12. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Sep 25, 2001
    1. Kanye West
    2. The Dutch
    3. This thread
    4. Kony
    5. The Pentavirate
    6. Howard Stern
    7. Jeggings
    8. This thread
    9. Ceiling Cat
    10. JLo's butt

13. OctoberRust

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

The problem with your post is, robbing banks carries a victim.

Homosexuality between two or more consenting adults does not carry a victim, beside the bible thumpers it offends.

But if it's one right you don't have in a free society, it's the right not to be offended. Heck, you and plenty other's fascist big-govt views offend me! Doesn't mean I'd live a double standard like you guys though and try to outlaw your freedom of speech.

14. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Dude! Too funny!!

15. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

The fail is on your part in that who are you or anyone to determine what is right for free people to engage in so long as they are not harming anyone else?

You are not advocating legislation of morality but control and infringement upon a free peoples right to choose how they wish to live their life. Now if people were being truly harmed... I could see your point, but they aren't. They are consenting individuals who have the RIGHT to choose what they will with their bodies.

16. Dragoon189

Dragoon189

Feb 10, 2012
    Given the lack of morality our elected officials tend to portray, having them dictate morality is having the drug addicted to determine drug laws

17. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    dupe post

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned that disease-ridden whore Little Debbie.

Evil incarnate.

19. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    And the problem with your post is because the victim has been wronged due to an immoral act. The immoral is IN the wrong.

Posts like yours come about due to moral bankruptcy and the false belief that truth and morality are relative. Just something you make up as you go along. Whatever feels right.

Truth and morality are universal and based on objective truth.

20. OctoberRust

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

There is no victim in my post. Just a bunch of upset bible thumpers.

Morality when speaking to religious zealots such as yourself becomes subjective, even you guys have double standards. It's not anyone's place to judge, and certainly not the gov't if someone's actions do not carry a victim.