close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

10-Ring Popularity

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by nickE10mm, Dec 9, 2011.

1. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Anyone else notice the 10-Ring being extremely busy lately? Good stuff! Just thought I'd mention that .... again. :)

2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    Yep! The 10mm is very much alive and well...I have seen a little less activity over at the 10mmTalk site but people still check in. "Long live the 10"! :)

3. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Just got my brand spankin' new Heinies self-installed on my G20SF. Man, lovin' these sights..... Long live the 10!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  4. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Ya Ive noticed the increase too! Seems to be a lot more people talking about the 20&29 over in general glocking, and Im always sure to send them over here. Its a good sign, maybe we'll get cheaper ammo, and more gun and ammo manufacturers!

5. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    When I get a longslide for my 20sf, Im gonna put heinie straight eights on it...Ive got big dots on it now, and I really like them, but Im not afraid to try something new! Just cuz I really like the big dots doesnt mean I wont like something else just as much or better! After the heinie's Im gonna try some ameriglo I-dot pro night sights. Those are about the only other night sights im interested in.
    Too many people find something they like and wont even give anything else out there a chance....Like I said, just cuz you really like something, doesnt mean you cant like something else a lot better, especially if you havent tried anything else. But there is also the attitude that, if it aint broke, dont fix it..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  6. dryfly

dryfly Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2009
    White Mountains NH
  7. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

Jun 5, 2009
    USA
    I'm one of the recent visitors to this sub-forum.

Long ago (early 1990's) I had a Colt Delta Elite, ended up selling it due to what I felt was excessive recoil (using Winchester Silvertip ammo) and my budding preference for Glocks.
    That was long ago and I'm a more experienced shooter now.

I've got a Glock 29 SF on the way.

I've already acquired some factory Hornady 155 gr. ammunition, plus new Starline Brass and XTP bullets for me to handload. My intention is to duplicate the factory loadings ballistics wth my handloads. (I'm not new to handloading).

I'm hopeful that the polymer frame in combination with the low bore axis of the Glock will result in a 10mm that is tolerable to shoot with full power ammunition.

I didn't "need" the G29 in 10mm, but what the heck, why not. :wavey:

8. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Aug 27, 2002
    CD if you hand load nothing say's you have to shoot barn busters all the time, one of my favorite loads in 10mm is a 180 grain bullet doing about 1000 fps...I shoot lots of em, cheap, accurate and fun loads I can shoot all day. And of course I always run a few mags of the hotter stuff too.

I have no issue with recoil, even with hot loads my 10mm feels like a 9mm compared to a stout 4" .44 Mag which I really enjoy shooting...within reason of course and I download it too.

With hand loading you can go mild to wild...and everything inbetween.

By hand loading I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by just how versatile the 10mm really is.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  9. rcd567

rcd567

Feb 5, 2011
    Near Glenwood, Iowa
    Whaaat? Blasphemy I tell you!:wow:

The 10mm is a lot like West Nile Virus...once infected it consumes you.:shocked:

10. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Aug 27, 2002
    I know, I know, that's what happens to old shooter's, we get feeble minded sometimes.

Perhaps I should repent and load up some 1300 fps 180's?

11. dsb1829

dsb1829

Nov 2, 2011
    Tis' the season for walkin thru the woods in search of tasty animals. The 10mm is an excellent companion.

12. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

Ditto

13. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Correctamundo!

14. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    The "ADDITICTION" is real...Nobody can have just one!

It consumes me...Guns, Handloading, Bullet Casting, OH Yea!

SHOOTING! Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* Bang!* :2gun:

15. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    :cool:

16. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Definitely Nick. I have been thinking the same thing.

Our enthusiastic ranks of 10mm enthusiasts is growing, it would seem. I read a post the other day where someone was adverse to getting a 10mm because he had recently heard that factories were going to discontinue manufacturing 10mm ammo. They have been saying that for about 15 years.

17. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Yep... I remember one of the forum members called Glock Inc and the person they spoke with said that they are most definitely NOT discontinuing the 10mm in EITHER model... Glock said that they sell more and more 10mm's every year and that it obviously wouldn't be a sound business decision to discontinue them.

Glock has done quite a bit for the 10mm simply having the G20 and G29 as models in the lineup. :supergrin:

18. G29SF

G29SF

Oct 24, 2011
    Highland, IL

Yeah, that is what I was thinking!

I used to have that attitude, to just plink with the low power stuff. Now I don't even bother. Now... when I shoot the 10, I SHOOT THE 10! Full glory and all.

When I just want to plink for cheap, I bring the 9mm or drop in my .40 Short & Weak barrel in my G20SF and shoot WWB.

I recently got some .357 Sig WWB. (I have a .357 Sig barrel also.) Those were especially weak. I am sure it was due to them being WWB and not the caliber. (Don't want to ruffle any .357 Sig lovers' feathers out there!)

19. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    G29SF, the thing with the necked down cartridges like the 357Sig and the 9x25D is the shorter impulse of the cartridge, even though they hit higher pressure peaks.

You may have noticed the casings dropping out very close by during the ejection.

20. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    I use my .40sw barrel in my 20sf also when i feel like shooting weak loads or just plinking...tulammo is especially weak .40 cal ammo, there is a noticeable difference between it and WWB.
    So the .357sig round doesnt feel as powerful to you as the same brand of .40sw?