10/22 sights

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Kloogee, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Anybody have some recommendations for new sights for my new 10/22? I find the stock sights to be difficult to see for paper punching and general plinking?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Kloogee, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    SOLD: Tech-Sights front and rear for Ruger 10/22 Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 23, 2015
    Review of the 10/22 with Tech Sights and Volquartsen upgrades General Firearms Forum Jul 2, 2013
    iron sights for Ruger 10/22 tactical General Firearms Forum Apr 23, 2013
    Tech Sights for Ruger 10/22 General Firearms Forum Jun 11, 2012
    Tech Sights for Ruger 10/22 General Firearms Forum May 30, 2012

3. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

scope?

4. Yeah, I'll probably end up with a scope on it at some point, but I'd like to get good with it with open sights for now.

#3 Kloogee, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  5. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

6. I highly recommend Tech Sights. I shoot my 10/22 a lot more now since I put them on. :supergrin:

7. If you're wanting to use the 10/22 to produce tight groups from a bench, mount a scope. If you want to learn to shoot better offhand and/or using a sling, plinking your way through a few full BX-25's and having fun with it, tech-sights (or if you're not comfortable with an aperture sight, a red-dot).

8. The problem with the tech sights as I see it is that you have to replace both front and rear sights. If you go with a Williams WGRS sight it mounts in the rear scope mount holes and gives you a low profile peep.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Not low enough to use the stock front sight. I had to buy a taller front sight to use the Williams receiver sight.
    Still, it a decent sight. The adjustment lock screws are tiny though.

10. Try a bit of 'white out' on the front sight blade and you'll get a better contrast to see better. Some folks use fingernail polish. YMMV

11. How is that a problem? :dunno:

12. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Another plug for Tech Sights.......

I prefer the 100 series with elevation adjustment only at the front sight.

[​IMG]

13. I'm personally a fan of the NoDakSpud rear sight which includes a picatinny rail combined with the TechSight front sight with the taller National Match front post.

You end up with an AR style sight that you can still mount a scope or red dot to should you choose. I've got my scope on see through rings and set up my stock so my NPOA is correct for the scope. In a pinch I can scrunch and use the irons without removing the scope.

http://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm
    http://www.tech-sights.com/

14. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Glad to see more offerings for plinking-tier 10/22 aperture sights.

Now if you really want precision.....Lyman 90MJT! :wow:

15. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Another vote for tech sights.....

Although I haven't seen/tried the NoDakSpud, they seem similar.

There is something satisfying about being able to hit a toy army man at 25m with open sights. (A simulated 800-900m shot at zero wind)

16. My Ruger 10 / 22 has Nikon P22 mounted with Leupold med height and I have the Iphone app for it as well. Very useful thing my wife has become good with. I did buy seven BX25's before the crazy hit too.

It's a good system with the Nikon P22. I recommend.

#15 GIG4FUN, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013