close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10-22 Magazine question???

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by msinc, Feb 15, 2010.

1. msinc

msinc
    Expand Collapse

Anyone out there know who makes {what brand or model} the best 30 round capacity for the 10-22 Ruger??? Thanks in advance for any info.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Davegrave

Davegrave
    Expand Collapse
    Dapper Dan

I never used a 30 rd. But the 25rd Butler Creek Steel lips mags work great.

One HIGHLY experienced 10/22 user on this board suggests a good coating of silicone spray inside to assure reliability. I hadn't had a problem ever, but I did it anyway cuz that dude knows his crap.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=310909
    This is what I use.

3. Davegrave

Davegrave
    Expand Collapse
    Dapper Dan

Here's some others from that company. The one 30rd mag I saw has crappy reviews. But there's a 50rd that looks cool...high price though.

I've ordered from Midway USA quite a few times and have alway been happy. I've also always been happy with CDNN Sports. They treated me very well when I ordered the wrong item.
    http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

4. wjv

wjv
    Expand Collapse

5. Davegrave

Davegrave
    Expand Collapse
    Dapper Dan

6. HLD

HLD
    Expand Collapse

7. msinc

msinc
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all this valuble info....I probably would have spent alot of money arriving at the same conclusions.

8. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Day-um...I'm equally impressed by the performance of the Eagle mag and that box of bulk Federal ammo...! :wow:

I ordered five of those Eagle mags a few weeks ago when CDNN knocked off an additional buck each, but I haven't had a chance to use 'em yet...

9. trob

trob
    Expand Collapse
    10 rd max

its hard to find a 30 rounder with performance like the factory mags. Ive been through most of them, only to return them for not feeding correctly.

10. msinc

msinc
    Expand Collapse

Thanks again fellas.....

11. m87

m87
    Expand Collapse

I'll just chime in with the most expensive option: Tactical innovations mags. These are the only non-factory mags I have used, so I can't comment on others. They sell 2 types of plastic mags (and solid aluminum mags as well if you have even more $$; haven't tried these): the "better" plastic mags used stronger plastic and steel feed lips for about $38. The cheaper ones use cheaper plastic and non-steel feed lips; these are obviously not quite as high quality, but I'd bet they are better than any other mags you can get for their price of $18.

I only have one of the cheaper plastic TI mags, and have had some issues with it feeding federal bulk; haven't tried other bulk with it yet, but it runs fine with mini-mags and stingers. The "better" plastic mags have been near flawless as far as I can tell. All mags are adjustable for fit, and can be opened up and cleaned.

12. B.Reid

B.Reid
    Expand Collapse

I own 2 1022's one is over 20 years old the other about 2 years old. Butler Creek 25 rounders work in both and others I have had over the years. I have a pair of mags that are over 20 years old and still work.

13. ronin.45

ronin.45
    Expand Collapse

+1 steel lips.

14. jarubla

jarubla
    Expand Collapse
    Dos Pistolas

15. forjoshhall

forjoshhall
    Expand Collapse

i use the factory 10 rounders and they work great. During christmas i received two of the Pro Mag fifty round drums (tommy gun style) and they SUCKED. JAMMED, couldn't feed and I am not exagerating at all! I had to push the bolt into battery and most times that led to the bullet getting dented.

16. downtown

downtown
    Expand Collapse

Stick with the factory 10 rounders. If you want more capacity, go with a Tri-Mag to connect 3 -10rd mags. Scroll up to reply #9 and buy them from trob, he has a link in his signature.

17. mac66

mac66
    Expand Collapse
    Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Certainly not the best but the Eagle mags are cheap and work most of the time. I have a couple dozen of them for my 4 rifles. IMO, they are good enough and sometimes good enough is good enough.

18. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

I like your pragmatism... :)

At the price, it seems like one could buy a bunch of the Eagles, function-test 'em all, and just accept a 20-30 percent failure rate and keep only the good ones...

For the record, among the high-cap 10/22 mags, I have the Eagles, Butler Creek Hot-Lips, Butler Creek Steel Lips, and even one of the off-the-chart expensive Tactical Innovations mags (the last was a Christmas gift). I basically keep an eye out for sales, determine if my budget allows the expenditure, and go for the deal if it seems right...