close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

1 Handgun - Any & All Purposes

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bigdollars, Jul 6, 2013.

1. cangler

cangler Republican!!

Mar 3, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    out of this very limited selection, id pick #3... M&P 9c

I used to have the full size M&P 9 and it shot very well so I would expect the compact shoots well too.

If had the Sig p229 been in 9mm I may go with that one instead.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. kussor

kussor

Jul 3, 2013
    That big magazine bs only matters if you miss a lot, and who says that the enemy is going to let you get away with that, hmm? Is your home a good place for lots of bullets to be bouncing around? Do you really want to point your gun at everything at which you point a light? I don't.

If you will get a AA light that doesnt stupidly have its on/off switch on the butt cap, and has the switch where it SHOULD be,(ie, as a side button, not a sliding switch) your weak hand thumb can both hold the light and work the switch, and you wont have to alter your normal 2-handed grip at all. Much, much better deal than the contorted, weak firing position necessary with the buttcap type of light and switch.

Don't just blunder around your home with a light (attached to gun or not), asking to be shot or jumped, man. If you have the option, remove loud-hard soled or heeled footwear, turn on your HOUSE lights(preferably from cover) clear all the area you can, move to another point of cover, and continue clearing. If you hear or see anything that really does indicate enemy presence, then remain under cover, call the cops and WAIT for their arrival.

The only thing that justifies your leaving a barricaded safe position, is the need to go gather up loved ones and bring them to the safe room. If the issue is outside, let it STAY outside, and you stay inside. The odds for you are very bad if you go out there, and losses to property are what insurance and tax writeoffs are FOR.

3. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    Either M&Pc, the chambering dependent upon ammunition availability and shooter ability.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I guess I'd take the commander 1911, since I carry a 1911 now.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Seriously? :upeyes:

This is some of the dumbest nonsense I've heard here in a while...

6. Travelin' Jack

Travelin' Jack Misinformed

Jul 20, 2007
    0 .· ` ' / ·. 200
    Glock 32, but it's hard not to pick the Glock 20.

7. kussor

kussor

Jul 3, 2013
    oh yeah? After you've got the tens of thousands of hours of experience and study of the subject that I have, you'll see that I'm correct. 45 years, that is. 150+ combat matches, had to point a gun at men 5x, taken hundreds of animals with ccw guns and loads, scores of students trained, read every gun book you ever heard of, (and scores that you haven't) thousands of gun magazines read, thousands of hours on the Net on these forums, hundreds of hours of trainiing in logic, debate, and how to do research. So lets SEE what you've GOT in the way of "rebuttal" to what i've said here, hmm? Fat chance that it;s anything but the refuge of scoundrels.

8. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Maybe when I grow up, I'll see things in the same twisted way...

A KelTec PF9 for hunting and plinking? Are you friggen kidding me?

:rofl:

9. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :bowdown:

You've got me beat, I'm afraid. Maybe your infinite wisdom and knowledge can help some of us here...

:whistling:

:animlol:

10. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjAZoY3gP0o"]Reailty Check Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

11. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    If I could only have one handgun I would pick my Glock 26 no question. Small enough to conceal, just as shootable/accurate as a full size handgun, and can accept high cap mags.

The closest thing out of your options is the S&W M&P 9c so that is what I would go with.

12. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

May 1, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Bac, kussor is our newest troll. Check out some of his other posts. There is a theory that he may be 2bb.

13. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Yeah, I checked out a few of his posts. He won't be around long...

14. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Dec 22, 2002
    Somewhere in Oregon
  15. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    OMG

Folks, we are in the presence of GREATNESS

Why ever such an expert saw fit to grace us with his enlightened presence is beyond me.

"We are not worthy, we are not worthy"

:yourock:

:notworthy:

16. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    From that list, I guess I'd go with #3 or #4, but that's a pretty crappy list IMO.

17. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    You are an idiot. Does your mommy know you're on her computer down in the basement?

"... hundreds of hours of trainiing in logic, debate, and how to do research. So lets SEE what you've GOT in the way of "rebuttal" to what i've said here, hmm? Fat chance that it;s anything but the refuge of scoundrels."

Really? You have ZERO debating skills. Your spelling and grammar is on par with a pretty dumb 6 year old. I am calling you a straight up liar about any of your listed "skills" and damn sure calling you a HUGE liar about the time spent shooting, "trainiing" and pretty much everything else you've said. What a clown. :upeyes: