close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

$1.00

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Dec 4, 2012.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    We had an employee fired today for stealing a $1.00 Honey bun, O glory, that would be something to be damn proud of. :upeyes:

Magnus2131 likes this.

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I wonder what he will tell his parental units and friends:alex:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  3. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    Are they waiting for signs of evidence to re-appear?!?!?!!??

:wow:

4. John43

John43

Sep 9, 2010
    Murrells Inlet SC
    A coworker was making himself sandwiches on the night shift when the cafeteria was closed. They warned him the first time and fired him the second. He was making $80K a year.

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Oh my God, what a dip ****:alex::upeyes:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  6. wvtarheel

wvtarheel

Nov 26, 2012
    Sounds harsh but if you caught him stealing something he could easily afford on any wage (like a honey bun) what do you think he was stealing and not getting caught?

These sort of things are usually the tip of the iceberg, or maybe you caught it before it escalated. It starts with little things and before you know it laptops are showing up on ebay

7. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Apr 25, 2012

I knew a guy who worked as part of a 2 man night floor cleaning crew in a Wal Mart that closed at 10pm. Just the 2 of them all night.

In about 4 months he probably fleeced $5,000 of junk or more. He was fired for getting a drink from the fountain machine in the food court and not paying for it.

Even had him on camera for it :rofl:

8. Cheaper to just fire him, rather than build a case against him and take it to trial for whatever else he probably stole.

Open Twinkies would have prevented this.

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Was it at least a Morton's Frozen Honey Bun? That'd be worth it.

Back in HS, I could eat 4 of those suckers for breakfast. The only thing better today is the bakery ones at the donut shop in town.

10. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Incirlik AB

Jan 13, 2006
    That he was hungry. :dunno:

11. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Many people see no problem with this. I think they believe it is "owed" to them.

12. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    It's not about the $1 in merchadise, it's about this individual's willingness to steal. As has been mentioned, what else are they capable of justifying in their own mind?

13. jfost11

jfost11

Aug 18, 2012
    In the woods, VA
    Stupid is as stupid does. I've seen more than a few get the green sheet yet only twice was stupidity not the cause.

14. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    way back in the day i worked at a carwash and saw a guy get fired on the spot for taking a single quarter out of a customers ashtray. he said he just put it in his pocket to vacuum and then he was going to put it right back but the manager told him as soon as he put it in his pocket it was theft and a firing offense with no questions asked.

at the same car wash i was vacuuming a caddy and clogged the hose under the seat. i checked and found a thick envelope full of cash stuck on the end. i immediately went to the mangers office and had the owner paged and then made him count the money there in front of my boss. there was 15k cash. if they were willing to fire somebody over a quarter i damned sure wasn't taking any chances with a was of cash like that.

15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
  16. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    I worked 3rd in a grocery store right out of high school. The stock crew was stealing the place blind. They would even order stuff like spaghetti sauce and diapers by the case so they could steal them.

I worked 3rd shift in another grocery store where the other cashier was stealing cigarettes and dip by the case. She would also "ring" up groceries for her friends so that a $500 order cost them $20. ATF arrested her in the parking lot while she was putting a case of Marlboros in her car. She would steal about four cases a night.

I found out later that they had watched me, too, but that the worst thing I did was read magazines on the clock between customers during the dead hours after I had all the stocking I could do done.

17. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    You must have been fun to watch. lol

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Making his own sammiches? Did he not have a wife?

19. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Sep 27, 2009
    Austin, TX
    When I went to the Army Whirlybird skool there was a guy every night on QC and always doing crap details and he had his wings. One day I asked some butter bar what is up with Mr. Happy. He said the guy is getting kicked out of the Army for stealing a Butterfinger from K Mart. :faint: I saw him every night for ovrer 3 months then he was gone.