08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Okay, I'm hijacking the holiday discussion theme!

What is the most improbable scene ever portrayed in an American movie?

In West Side Story ... Tony yells Maria in a Puerto Rican neighborhood, and only ONE woman comes to the window!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ANY movie involving a murder victim being found on the streets of New York that is identified because there is still a wallet.

3. Bullit.......Dodge Charger.....14 hubcaps.

4. samurairabbi

Actually, only five ... but who's counting!

5. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

The opening scene of blazing saddles. :supergrin:

Slim Pickens was a genius.

6. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Well, looking FORWARD (as Obama says) to the New Year's Blowout party! Can you believe it will be 2013...:wow:
    This years' party should top all previous Lagoon Festivities. The Swedish Bikini Team is set to open the event...something about a "NEW" drink the "Poo Poo Float" (said to be bits of baby ruth floatinging in Yoohoo with a twist?)
    [​IMG]
    for the 9 and 40 crowds served in the area called the "Cesspool"...:drowning:

It should be understood that those in the "Cesspool" area can not just arbitrarily leave that area without a full Haz-Mat decon...:shower:

7. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Well, that drink might be better with a little Kahluha.

8. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Given our proximity to "that" page number coming up I thought it might be prudent... if a 10 ringer can even function near a level called prudent... that we should discuss some sort of action plan to get through "that" page as quickly as possible. It's not that I am superstitious or anything, well, maybe I am, I would just not care to dwell on "that" particular page number, if you know what I mean.

I was thinking maybe we could have an action team in place to post a large number of posts so that we can spend as little time as possible on "that" page. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on the topic?

9. samurairabbi

Turn your terminal upside down. Then you would be on page 999.

10. I move that we ban images of the Hildebeast on that page, it might become sort of a conjuring spell that would summon it.

11. Rabbi, watch "Bullit" in freeze frame, it's actually 7 or 8 hubcaps. And it misses the gas pumps too !:wow:

Now back to the partying at hand:wavey:

12. samurairabbi

I suggest we convene a Supplemental Plenipotentiary Tribunal to consider this hubcap issue.

The gaspump inconsistency was already known to me.

13. Due to the importance of the upcoming New Year's Eve Lagoon Blowout, I would lilke to put the Tribunal on hiatius, at least until 1-15-13.
    This to permit a sober quorum to conviene. Never mind,..... scratch that last remark, it wouldn't happen anyhow.......

14. samurairabbi

Actually, the hiatus would have to run longer than that. The 8:40PM Twelfth Anniversary Blowout would be happening about that time.

15. samurairabbi

February 30th would be even better.

16. Okay, Bullit trivia ..... here we go .... Were the Mustang's valves floating, or was the ignition cutting out?

17. samurairabbi

... or was the director simply fond of neat sound effects?

How did the chase end up in Marin county without crossing the Golden Gate Bridge?

18. I would have to speculate that McQueen was flogging the 'Stang so hard that he was floating the valves. Easy to do in a 390 c.i.d. FoMoCo big block.....they're made for torque, not revs !

19. samurairabbi

Can anyone provide an estimate of how fast the cars in the chase were ACTUALLY going on that final "country" chase sequence? Since the camera vehicles paralleling them had to deliver quality bounce-free film, that must have limited the actual speeds.