08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oh, and it is Pagosa Springs. I don't remember the feed store but we stopped at a walgreens or some place like that to get some bandages to fix my arm up.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Yo Unkle! I think I caught a break on my sobriety bounty-gate when that Illinois concealed carry decision came down! The celebration may distract Tazz from his followup on my explanation of what happened. Keep a lookout on your end of things; I will have my people draw up more explanations, just in case.

3. "Peeled off that top row of roosters slicker than scum off a Lousiana swamp"

4. :rofl::rofl:

5. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator
    Moderator Millennium Member

Might.

6. samurairabbi

Hey ... Any port in a storm!

7. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Between the rooster and the so called scum off a Lousiana swamp we could make a GUMBO from that!:eat:

8. Yup my error. It's been almost 3 decades since I've been there.

9. Well, with the holidays upon us, my mind turns as it always does, to money, and making it with as little effort as possible. It just dawned on me that this new crop of "Preppers" is too young to have the benefit of having purchased the "freeze-dried dehydrated H20 that I sold to the last generation. I feel embarrassed to admit that this opportunity slipped my mind until now rendering the gift market for this season moot.

I am thinking that next year we could capitalize on it by creating an entire "Gift pack" angle. When spun as a gift it has the same life expectancy or shelf life as fruitcake. It can be re-gifted for years before anyone opens it, therefore it creates plausible deniability,

10. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater

We could even increase our profit margin if we water it down a bit.
    :drowning:

11. samurairabbi

Okay everyone! We got.the freaking harmonic convergence of blowout occasions coming on! The Mayan calendar end of the world party, the 8:40 millionth hit blast, and now the Illinois concealed carry decision! Get your food and beverage preferences registered with Dungeon Logistics, as this.is gonna be epic!

12. samurairabbi

An excellent pun about watering down the dehydrated water. Of course, the Dungeon accounting types will stay loyal to their preferred professional term: Inventory Dilution.

13. I have a bit of modern technology that I can make available to the modern day "prepper" as well. There is a new tool for making fire in an emergency situation but it is also a fuel source. I am planning on selling them in 10 packs individually packed @ $20 per 10 pack. "What is 2 bucks when you need fire?"

[​IMG]

I have the opportunity to out do the trend of everyone buying "wimpy parachute cord" for their survival kits. I have several spools of genuine Air Force surplus "flight line" that I can sell at reasonable per ft rates.

I also have a line on genuine, not the standard US consumer model, original METRIC Swiss Army knives.

14. samurairabbi

I suggest marketing your flight line by the meter, rather than by the foot. That would make people buy more when needing an odd length. We do the same thing when we sell prop wash by the liter rather than the pint.

15. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

There was something magical today almost as magical as the 08:40 PM itself!

Today was 12/12/12...Maybe Obama will...Naaaa, never happen!:whistling:

Next big event 12/21/12...:headscratch:

Then 12/25/12...:breastfed: :tree: :birthdaysong:

16. I really don't think that the Mayans were correct, so I'm going to start selling the NEW 2013 Mayan appointment calender, in a handy pocket format.
    Everybody needs a round, flat rock, right ? Might be a handy place to use countrygun's fire starters.

uncle

ps: because off the upcoming celebration, we might need to start selling the propwash by the hogshead !

17. samurairabbi

Tell ya what, Unkle. We'll allocate a portion of our skyhook profits to cover the quarry fees for your Mayan appointment calendar operation. Sort of a sinergistic effect ... (Rabbi, you misspelled synergistic) ... No I didn't; since I would be subsidizing sin in this case, MY spelling is the applicable one.

18. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater

If the Mayans were so smart, why don't they own Wall Street?
    :headscratch:

19. samurairabbi

IMPORTANT ADMINISTRATIVE NOTICE

We have about 1500 hits to go until the millionth hit blowout begins. All administrative and logistics items are complete. Any late food and libation requests will be acted on, although fulfillment of such requests cannot be guaranteed.

Thank you for your consideration.