08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. I will have the assembly know, that during the period of temporary insanity that gripped this nation, and the economically fallow period that followed, my Grandfather was an independent purveyor of distilled spiritous libations.

I am quite proud that he never stooped to making what was known a "corn" per say. He actually distilled a passable, if unaged "bourbon" or a rye product. Somewhere I have his recipie book and small diary of the era with details for replicating his efforts.

According to local legend, he was able to trade some quantities of his high quality product for larger quantities of lesser goods which he kept available for those in his area with less discrimminating palates, at a suitable profit of course.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. All Bourbon is, is Corn likker with a good P.R. man & a tan !

3. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

True ... But proper presentation is always useful in building profitable market share. That, after all, is the distinction between a boorish ripoff and a proper embezzlement.

4. Authenticity is important. if you can simulate that ,then you will have a respectable product.

5. samurairabbi

Always strive for authenticity, even if you have to fake it!

6. "Authenticity" and "Sincerity" are similar in that way.

7. Like the man says..."Sell the SIZZLE, not the STEAK".

8. samurairabbi

... But if you can provide BOTH sizzle AND steak, you're gonna coin some money!

9. If you sell the sizzle, the steak is pure profit !

10. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Great point Uncle!

There seems to suddenly be surplus production capacity for Pink Slime beef, and prices are at record lows. We could enlist the services of Engineer to formulate a process to re-process, then post-process this processed product even further so that it appears passable for a sizzling steak. I have a call into Clark W. Griswald about his non-nutrative cereal varnish. Might be of some use for our venture.

Re-engineering Pink Slime beef into a technically named, "Finely textured processed and reformed beef product." The bourgeois (pardon my French!) 9 & 40 crowd would not know the difference - especially if served with A1 Steak Sauce (you can always tell a good steak if it is served with A1 :whistling: ).

Costs like pink slime beef. Priced like steak. Imagine the monster gross profit margins. Plenty of room for SR's typical administrative deductions.

Of course the gubmit would not permit us to name this Sizzlin product "steak." I propose that we just spell it "Stake." Most people will not notice the difference.

Visualize this:

"Sizzlin' McStake Sandwich" at your neighborhood Mickey D's.

I'm lovin' it!

11. Better yet, stay away from any comparison to a beef product at all. aim for the "healthy" meat eaters among the 9 & 40 crowd by calling it "Tenderized Free Range Biffalo".

12. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

I have no beef with that.

13. They've already made processed soybean meal look & simulate bacon, so there should be zero technical difficulties with this.
    Now all we really need is a "marketable" name for the stuff
    Suggest "RealSizzle" as a possible, not promising anything & it WILL fry & sizzle like an actual meat product.
    SPAM = meat product, now identified:
    s.quirrels
    p.ossum
    a.nd
    m.ice.....

hope this clears up a long standing question.

uncle

14. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

So the "A" in SPAM s not for "armadillo." Alrighty!

Mrs. Taterhead was wrong about that one. I'll go give her an "I told you so" and collect a, um, certain favor that she now owes me from the bet we made. :devildance:

I appreciate it Uncle.

15. All an armidillo is, is Mother Nature's way of dressing a possum in Kevlar. So I guess the "A" is appropriate, in one way or another.

Go collect on your bet before she gets wise to this !

uncle

16. Now that we've got SPAM identified, can someone explain vegimite?
    I can venture an answer...

vegetable
    extrusions
    grossly
    inedible
    mostly
    ignominious
    termite
    excrement

:tease:

#16096 MinervaDoe, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

17. "Possum on the half-shell"?

18. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater

Tinnitus means you never lose the sizzle.:notlistening:

19. ChuteTheMall

"Do you speak-a my language?"
    He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
    :puking:

20. ChuteTheMall

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE"]Monty Python - Spam - YouTube[/ame]

:eat: