08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Aliens got Pignose? :dunno:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Mr. Whizzed fist beat Chute to his job. Very deserving of a monkey DNA removal session don't you think?

3. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

He was all worn out from all of the pressure and build up for the big page 500 turn. Probably taking a nap right now.

4. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

I am epic. Bow down. :tongueout:

Didn't know, as I'm on page 316.

#12604 Angry Fist, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Bowing down would require authorization by a sober quorum of the credentialed 10-Ring membership. Going to be tough to assemble one. Sorry.

6. G33

G33 Frisky!
    Millennium Member CLM

Years ago, when first negotiating with the Borg, I found that they bowed down nicely...after double taps to their knees.

Their queen and I get along famously now.
    :supergrin::supergrin:

7. samurairabbi

Hmmmm ... an interesting negotiation strategy! But then, I recall a classic Al Capone line: "A kind word and a gun accomplish so much more than a kind word alone."

8. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

OH! So you Knee-capitated them! Then they bowed down...:faint:

:wow:

9. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

So is this SammuraiRabbi a Jewish religious leader residing in Japan with the Shogun...or...

is he one of the Shogun's warriors who decided that to trade those in international power for superior metals in which to make the katana, he would become ordained in Judaism as a preferred position in which to help protect the ancient sect?

始めてください。

10. samurairabbi

I kneed you!

11. G33

G33 Frisky!
    Millennium Member CLM

Jes!
    I paid attention during the movie 5th Element...instead of playing kissy-face.
    :tongueout::rofl:

12. samurairabbi

An under-appreciated movie. Next to the first Diehard, it was Bruce Willis's best performance.

13. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Anybody tried Negotiating? :dunno:
    Mind if I give it a try!
    No go ahead...:nailbiting:
    Boom! :2gun:
    Where did you learn to Negotiate like that?:wow:

14. samurairabbi

My professional lineage is not from Japan. We trace ourselves back to the sacking of Rome by the Germanic tribes. Attila the Hun is well known in history; less known is his second cousin Aguilla the Accountant, who kept the books on the sacking loot. A major opportunity was missed when Aguilla's advice on proper looting standards was ignored; if his judgement had been followed, 1) Rome would have continued to dominate the Western World for two more millenia, and 2) the Huns would have had cash flow out the wazoo for the same period! The Dungeon Financial Types really hate it when an opportunity this immense is blown.

By the way: if those oriental characters are actually some sort of heinous insult, YOUR cash flow is toast.

#12614 samurairabbi, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  15. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

I could use a little more CA$H flow! :pig:
    I tried to milk a Ca$h cow:cow: and she stepped in the bucket!
    They say money grow$ on tree$:tree:...While harvesting the limb$ of change they were broken off by Obamy! Needle$$ to say I fell flat on my A $$et$!:burn:

#12615 _The_Shadow, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  16. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Wonderful.

The oriental characters are Japanese, and it is translated to English to mean: "Please begin".

:wavey:

17. samurairabbi

Hmmmm ... So eight ideograms end up translated to two English words. Either there is MAJOR cultural/linguistic transformation contained within the translation, or there is a major-league shell-game going on by the translator. Congratulations to you for creating so worthy an intellectual stalking horse! The Dungeon scholarly entities are intrigued; we will begin our investigation of this worthy question after we wrap up the nightly embezzlement count.

18. Kanji vs katakana vs hiragana; phonetic alphabet vs. traditional vs. a hybrid

Ever seen a Japanese typewriter? They are huge and still depend on backspacing and combining characters.

Ever wonder what American people's cute little Asian tattoos really say? You don't want to know, but my understanding is that the tattoo artists are rarely kind.

[​IMG]

19. samurairabbi

One of the more enjoyable aspects of showing foreign tourists around America is taking them to a large shopping mall on a Saturday afternoon when the teens are in full swarm. You can have a ball explaining the exact degree of profanity on each passing t-shirt!

20. The idea of going to a large shopping mall crowded with teenagers is so far from my idea of fun, that we are talking about polar opposites here.