close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

05 Gto

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by Anthony k, May 14, 2006.

1. bought an 05 GTO! its sweet, drive it everyday, have my supercharger kit sitting here, no one offered a turbo that mounts under the hood, STS has one but mounts by the rear axle. dont like that idea so much , but maybe i am old fashioned here are some pics the wheels are TSW Lagunas 18x8

2. fireman jb

fireman jb

Mar 2, 2006
    Anchorage, AK
    That is a mean looking car, and your going to supercharge it, that thing is going to be BAAAADDDD.:alien:

3. ChessMan

ChessMan BRUT 4CE Millennium Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Nice! I love those 05-06 Goats with the 6.0L engine. I test drove an 05 with the six-speed and fell in love with it. The car is crazy fast and a pure joy to drive. I almost bought one, and may eventually buy one still. I just hope gas prices come down from their current lofty price.

What kind of gas mileage are you getting? Six-speed or auto tranny?

4. its an auto and i get around 19-20mpg all together, and i have a heavy foot.

5. ChessMan

ChessMan BRUT 4CE Millennium Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Have you looked at the gtoforum.com and ls1gto.com forums? Lots of good info there.

6. i am on ls2 gto.com hahaha since it is a ls2 not an ls1, its the same site i know

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    I hope that the new GTO will stay for a while more. I like its plain jane looks. Reminds me if the original GTO's Q-ship personality.

On the other hand the Shelby GT500 Mustang, for a supposedly 500-hp, 480-lbft car, the numbers don't look too particularly impressive. What's up with that? Is Ford fudging the output claim again?

8. ProfMoriarty

ProfMoriarty

Mar 28, 2004
    It's got a lot of weight to lug around.

Coupe: 3,920 pounds

Convertible: 4,040 pounds

By comparison, the C6 coupe with 400/400 weighs in at 3,179 and beats the GT500 in all performance categories.

(We don't even need to talk about the Z06 v. the GT500. That comparison is a complete slam dunk)

GT500/C6("standard")
    0-60: 4.5/4.3
    0-100: 10.3/9.9
    1/4 mi: 12.9@112/12.8@113
    top speed: 155/186

9. those #'s are also car mag people who cant drive and get those #s from old air strips, watch for Evan Smiths times, and the 155 top speed is computer limited, a quick reflash of the ECM and thats gone along with the overly rich program installed to keep the blower happy

10. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

May 1, 2006
    This side of a tombstone
    Nice looking cop magnet.

<----- also has a cop magnet

:cop: :innocent: :cop: