close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

+0 Mag Floor Plates

Discussion in 'Thin to Win - G36 Club' started by Dave T, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Dave T

Dave T
    Expand Collapse

I owned one of the early 36s and although it was reliable I eventually sold it because every time I shot it the ring finger of my strong hand got a blood blister from being pinched between the butt and the mag extension/floor plate.

I considering getting another one and understand the +0 mag extension (I believe from Pierce) are supposed to give a better grip. My question is...anyone out there who has a G36 that pinched their finger with the stock mag but solved the problem with the after market mag extension?

Dave

2. tooouter

tooouter
    Expand Collapse

The Pierce +0 mag extensions work perfectly. Without them the G36 isn't fun for me to shoot, with them though I can shoot it all day. I've got pretty big meat hooks, wear a size 10 1/2 glove and haven't ever pinched a finger since I added the Pierce's. They also match the grip texture on the front strap so well that nobody can tell they aren't stock.

3. Dave T

Dave T
    Expand Collapse

Thanks tooouter. I was beginning to think no one else had hands like mine. Appreciate the feedback!

Dave

4. coq

coq
    Expand Collapse
    Raging Member

If you try to use the floor plate as a pinky rest it can pinch, because the mag can move during the action. Most subcompacts are designed to go 2 fingers, curling pinky under the mag...on a stock 36 this is probably best too, just not as obvious since there's almost room there for pinky.

So, yes. Pearce +0 definitely gives you a good pinky rest without adding much length to the grip. I like a +0 on my carry 36, with a +1 in my pocket.

5. Jermedic

Jermedic
    Expand Collapse

I have the pierce +0 extensions on my all of my magazines for my 36. I had the same problem getting pinched and now the problem is solved.