close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

$0.25 trigger job question

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Trigger, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Trigger

Trigger

Aug 5, 2001
    Illinois
    I would like to do a little buffing on the trigger parts for my Glock and noticed that the small ledge above the trigger itself which I presume pushes up the safety plunger in the slide looks pretty rough. Not sure exactly what it's called but I per the $0.25 trigger job instructions it needs polishing.

As a matter of fact, it looks like very jagged and possibly beyond just polishing. Can I hit it with some fine grit sandpaper to smooth out and then polish with a dremel and compound? Obviously I'll try the polish first but it really looks like some deep gouges from being cast or something.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. justinsaneok

justinsaneok

Jul 13, 2010
    I did that to mine. Real fine sandpaper than polished it.YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE ANY OFF. Just smooth it out a bit.

3. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Feb 8, 2009
    MICHIGAN
    Be careful when doing this if you are using sand paper. You should try doing it with just some polish before you use sandpaper.