close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

“We are absolutely fed up with dealing with this off-duty behavior,”

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ArsonCop

ArsonCop Who Knows.....

Apr 15, 2001
    DFW Texas
  2. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    While he was demoted, I have very strong feelings about this. Although I beleive people make mistakes... I believe that as LEO's, we should live our lives as examples.

He got pinched for an OVI. He either took the chemical test to contradict SFST's, and prove his innocence, or refused because he knew he was guilty. For the majority of offenses, I can give the benefit of doubt, but this is a black and white issue. Wrong is wrong, and right is right.

By being demoted, it seems that he may argue that any additional departmental punishment is double jeopardy.

Being at the top, and handing out discipline, he should have been the epitome of an example to the people under his command. He wants to posture ethics, and does this? The only honorable thing for him to do is to resign.

3. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Ok, I don't either. Let me rephrase -folks from ALL career fields to include public servants feel it is ok to drink while intoxicated. :tongueout:

News tonight stated he was demoted to Captain and put in a position of mostly administration while the case is pending.
    I'm not sure exactly what that means.

4. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    He'll be fired or forced to resign. Our chief and up until recently Henderson have had a "zero tolerance" approach towards off-duty alcohol involved incidents. If he doesn't lose his job the officers that have in the recent past will be bringing a lot of lawsuits I feel. It's a bad deal, Henderson is well liked and I thought it was a joke when I heard he got popped. Goes to show nobody's above taking the ride anymore and DPS could care less if you are an officer or joe blow.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    It means he's in time out until he has his time in court. All of his chief of staff duties will be vacated and im guessing he will act as more of an admin captain. Then he will be given the option to resign or be fired unless his blood shows 0.00.

6. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    Double tap

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  7. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007