close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

…can and will be used against you

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by safecracker, May 14, 2012.

1. safecracker

safecracker

Apr 21, 2012
    Mas,

I’ve read and heard from several sources (most recently on my DVD’s from the Armed Citizen’s Legal Defense Network) that bumper stickers, hats, t-shirts, etc can be used to build a case against your character by the Prosecution if you were ever up against unmeritorious charges.
    To me personally it’s just good common sense to not go around displaying that to the public if you carry. Duh.
    Have you ever heard of (or is it likely) that prosecutors would use online sites frequented (such as this), or Google search results for guns, etc., to try and construct the same type of profile against a defendant in a shooting case claiming self defense, in order to try and paint a person as “obsessed with guns and shooting people” to the jury?

Thanks so much!

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Welcome to Glock Talk.

The answer to your question is, "You darn betcha." It's the time of electronic communication, and everything from social media to internet forum presence is discoverable evidence. Do a search here on GT on "kwikernu" to see how internet forum postings can come back and haunt you.

best,
    Mas